Delisted #33: Dylan Van Unen

Remove this Banner Ad

looks as if bomber will rotate the last 2 places every week to blood the rest of our list.. i like it! far easier to intergrate and have a smooth transition while starting in a winning team. next out ashby in kavanagh? out gleeson in obrien?

looks as if bomber will rotate the last 2 places every week to blood the rest of our list.. i like it! far easier to intergrate and have a smooth transition while starting in a winning team. next out ashby in kavanagh? out gleeson in obrien?

Agree that Bomber is rotating the younger players but I get the feeling Gleeson's won a spot in the best 22 while Dempsey is out.

this is less rotation and more like for like in it's replacement as he'll only play if fletcher doesn't.

But i agree, I'm loving bomber's approach. 4 debuts in 3 rounds

Well apparently Fletch didn't fly over so this young fella seems likely to debut I would have thought. Like for like.

I thought he started nervously then was okay. Plus debuting in the west to last year's grand finalists isn't really the game to judge him on imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got caught once and one shocking handball, otherwise was solid. His opponent hardly an influence on the contest. He is back in the pecking order, but he showed enough in tough circumstances.

Didn't think he as bad as everyone is saying, but still don't think he will play another game for the club.

Didn't think he as bad as everyone is saying, but still don't think he will play another game for the club.
Unsurprising considering the fact you've been a big fan based on nothing

Unsurprising considering the fact you've been a big fan based on nothing
That was just because he was a massive no-name player we drafted, and I only really did it on the OFG board. All that love over nothing has moved to Aylett now.

He didn't look up to it but most of our players were turning it over as well, and struggling in the heat. Don't think he will make it but he wasn't "Michael Quinn bad".

No way to make it look pretty.. DVU looked woefully out of his depth from start to finish. Couldn't get the pace of the game, panicked under pressure and basically showed he is no where near AFL level.

And yes, I think guys like Z Merrett, Ashby and Gleeson have shown us this year.. that you can tell very quickly if a player 'has it'...

No way to make it look pretty.. DVU looked woefully out of his depth from start to finish. Couldn't get the pace of the game, panicked under pressure and basically showed he is no where near AFL level.

And yes, I think guys like Z Merrett, Ashby and Gleeson have shown us this year.. that you can tell very quickly if a player 'has it'...

I will ask the question again - Was he able to defend his opponent ? Did he get beaten in any genuine one-on-one contests. As a point of reference if i Look back at Baguley's first game it was better than Van Unen's first game, though not a greal deal better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back