AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I like him, I would much rather have Browne and Edwards (and Mckernan) in from today's performance. They were the reasons we smashed geelong early, and a number of others worked their way in afterwards.
They'll likely come in s well. The axe needs to be and will be swung this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, I thought you were saying Laverde could never play inside.
Reminds me of that Judd/Dangerfield type.
I assume you were replying to me? I've only seen Laverde play 2/3 times in the VFL this year, but he looks so strong over the ball, clean on the inside and has some really nice breakaway speed. Definitely see him as one who ends up as a midfielder.

As much as I like him, I would much rather have Browne and Edwards (and Mckernan) in from today's performance. They were the reasons we smashed geelong early, and a number of others worked their way in afterwards.
Laverde will comfortably debut IMO, even if the other players were better. All 3 of Laverde, Edwards and Browne should play. The axe needs to be swung.

Marking beyond the highest point with a champion haircut.
lqtn99B.jpg

Played well, like how he worked hard with his second effort and he chased hard as well. Looks about ready for a few games. Not sure he can play out the season in the seniors as I think he will run out of gas but would be good to see him play 5 or so games.

I want to see Laverde in the 1's and we need to play the kids, not sure it's the right timing with WCE away and the Hawks the next two games.

It might be better to wait till Rd 14,15 when we play St Kilda and Melbourne back to back.

There was one bit of Laverde's play on Saturday that had me drool. It was in the 2nd quarter at half forward close to the boundary where he grabbed the ball in traffic, did a Pendlebury minimal movement thing yet had people falling all around him, then took 3 or 4 really strong steps to get into space before lacing out a pass to the true CHF area of the ground (can't recall who to).

It was one of those very small glimpses where you convince yourself a player will make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back