Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Gun !

Watch the way his hands always get free in a tackle, hard to pin, quick and a beast.

And his size, he is going to be a monster in 24 months with 2 more pre seasons. I just love how he plays, he reminds me of a 80's mid. no bullshit, kick the ball forward type player. He is a keeper.

For me, he was not doing much in the middle of the season and i was in the mood for him to be dropped, but he has been great in the last couple weeks, and with another pre-season and his body recovering from a first full season of crash and bash of the AFL, he will be so much better next year. He is a great outside winger, and can find space, is hard and has a decent kick. He is what I reckon Keith Greig was in the 70s. Just a tall, hard at it, quick, fit winger.

If there was 1 thing that can improve his game, is that I would like to see him taking more pack marks ala Fyfe but that will come, and if they can work on that this pre-season, can become a fairly complete package.

And his size, he is going to be a monster in 24 months with 2 more pre seasons. I just love how he plays, he reminds me of a 80's mid. no bullshit, kick the ball forward type player. He is a keeper.
yep tough as nails with no nonsense.see ball, attack ball and win ball. Joel Selwood without being a cheating arsehole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing to think he's played every game and been very good in many, end of last season i would have had a lot of other players pushing through ahead of him..

Been fantastic and had a lot of improvement left in him, love his mongrel and competitiveness along with his speed & endurance, can't wait to see him in a few years!!!!

Nice looking player. He's come into the 1's and stayed there. hard to do. And is finishing the year in good form. Comparisons to Keith Grieg and Wood are a bit rich. If he was Grieg's talent then we would be very very happy. As it is I reckon we might have along term outside running winger of good quality. And he has a lot of development to come. Better reading of the game, positioning and skills improving. More strength and even better running. Could be a very useful player for a many years.

Looks really good. Needs to kick some more goals. Sometimes he looks a little lost out there. I think he's just one of these guys you need to get to 50 game asap. Has all the tools - just needs the experience/familiarity with the game plan.

There's really no limits for K-Mac.

Perfect size and athleticism for a genuine wing player. His disposal lately has been all class and he appears to get quicker each game he plays.

not just me then ?

Nathan Foley agrees with you Tigertaskforce.

From the AFL website: Foley backs ‘Fleet-foot Mac’

Recently-retired Richmond star Nathan Foley has strongly endorsed emerging Tiger youngster Kamdyn McIntosh.

Foley believes the hard-running McIntosh has what it takes to develop into a key member of the Tigers’ line-up over the next decade.

“It’s his first full year of (AFL) football, which people forget, and he’s played every game,” Foley said on this week’s edition of the Club’s official podcast ‘Talking Tigers’.

“He’s just got elite attributes . . .

“He’s a big body, he’s got an amazing tank, wins his own ball, gets it on the outside and, defensively, he’s unbelievable on the wing.

He’s had a great year.”

McIntosh, 21, is averaging 14.6 disposals per game in his debut league season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-26/foley-backs-fleetfoot-mac

He wins a lot of important ball in the back half. The way he then runs out of defense is great. We actually have a really good rebounding, accountable, defensive defender. I still think we are not playing him in his best role or the role thats best for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back