Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He wins a lot of important ball in the back half. The way he then runs out of defense is great. We actually have a really good rebounding, accountable, defensive defender. I still think we are not playing him in his best role or the role thats best for the team.

Don't often see him one out in aerial contests though and on the occasion I have he's been easily outbodied/outpositioned. I think he could play LMID but not sure I'd want him accountable for a third tall forward.

Don't often see him one out in aerial contests though and on the occasion I have he's been easily outbodied/outpositioned. I think he could play LMID but not sure I'd want him accountable for a third tall forward.
As a junior he was very good in 1v1 in the air rarely beaten. We just haven,t continued to develop him in the role at AFL level. I have little doubt that he could perform the role and do it with real aplomb. Iwould be real keen to see him played in the role even if its only to provide backup and depth.

Schofield at the eagles was more of a rebounding tall defender. With all of their injuries he has shown out of neccesity the ability to play kp yet alone third tall.
I dont think Kamdyn would be much different.Would need more size and some time in the role.
Besides if i have a gripe with Kamdyn in the midfield, it is he just doesn,t get enough ball for the role imo. He spends a lot of time gravitating back as it is because that is his natural inclination.

Picking nits any negativity at him in 2015. He's been good, if not fantastic, and adds to the team. Every guy from the 2's that steps up like him creates depth and diversity. Very good player and seems to show that our development is actually now reasonably good. It feels so good to say that after so many years of poor development :)

My love for KMac is tumescent and not for particularly rational reasons.
Last week showed 2 things I like to see - line breaking running and good disposal in a tackle.
The uncomplicated natural way he plays is exciting to watch. He brings flair and unpredictable creativity that we lack.
He can show great pace, evasion and vision.
Loves a kick on the outside of the boot.
And yet he's very hit and miss.
If he was indigenous we'd call him mercurial.

My love for KMac is tumescent and not for particularly rational reasons.
Last week showed 2 things I like to see - line breaking running and good disposal in a tackle.
The uncomplicated natural way he plays is exciting to watch. He brings flair and unpredictable creativity that we lack.
He can show great pace, evasion and vision.
Loves a kick on the outside of the boot.
And yet he's very hit and miss.
If he was indigenous we'd call him mercurial.

Garth, that was a haiku!

Well said!

I love him, he's brilliant to watch, favorite moment was when he won a contested ball against Judd in his first game and ran off him to deliver an inside 50!
He has only played 20 games, the upside is enormous. I want to know if he can be a big bodied mid for us if we need it, but he's too valuable on the wing atm.
I can see him bursting out of packs and breaking tackles in the near future though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back