Past #33: Mitch Wilkins - officially delisted by North Melbourne (31/10/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am surprised Colquhoun slipped all the way off the radar, he was highly rated by the experts and Mitch being talked about being similar to.

Anyway, with North he has time to just work on getting his body right and having a red hot crack in 2014, we don't really have a burning need to throw any of the draftees right into the side.

He should be Mitchell "Protein Shake" Wilkins. Will be much easier to put the muscle on if you are not stick thin..

I've watched Mitch and know him well. He has flown under the radar here which is a shame, as he is quality........
He will be re-habing his shoulder (although already had 6 months of it) and gaining size for much of this year. I wouldn't expect to see him playing for 2 years, but make no mistake - he can play. A very good get here as there was at least one other Melbourne based club that was also keen around the same area of the draft.

Do you mean in the seniors, or at all? Two years from now is the 2015 season and he'll be out of contract.

I'd be hoping to see him in the VFL some time next year. Trust me, I'm a doctor.;)

Any insider info could be useful in a couple of years when Mitchell is tearing it up and we can let them know they were Bryced with pick 47.

Nah, I shouldn't say the specific club. FWIW, I also know a club that didn't rate him at all.

I've gotta say, he sounds like someone Teffy will hate.:D The description I got was something along the lines of: Skinny back flanker with a great offensive game. Kicking and decision making is first class but he'll need to learn to defend. Will take time.

I've gotta say, he sounds like someone Teffy will hate.:D The description I got was something along the lines of: Skinny back flanker with a great offensive game. Kicking and decision making is first class but he'll need to learn to defend. Will take time.

70kg's would have been the point at which he stopped reading :thumbsu:

Seems he got under everyones radar..........no video or photos any where of him.....good nickname for him would be Casper (the friendly ghost) as we cant seem to see anything of him anywhere.....:rolleyes:

Do you mean in the seniors, or at all? Two years from now is the 2015 season and he'll be out of contract.

I'd be hoping to see him in the VFL some time next year. Trust me, I'm a doctor.;)
Sorry, he will play next year, but won't be even remotely ready for AFL for 2 years. He will need that long just to build up his frame.

Sorry, he will play next year, but won't be even remotely ready for AFL for 2 years. He will need that long just to build up his frame.
Sounds like another Kennedy situation (from our list I mean).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here he is.

WILKINS_Mitch.jpg

His nickname has and always will be Wilko - you can bookmark it.

That's not how we do things here. We pick nicknames based on physical traits or relation to popular culture.

Mitchell will be Phantom. At least here.

I've watched Mitch and know him well. He has flown under the radar here which is a shame, as he is quality.
He has grown a fair bit over the past 18 months and hence appears quite skinny for his size.
He is a very clean, smart footballer. Despite being rake thin, he is tough and won't shirk an issue. He is also excellent in traffic. He isn't quick, but has a terrific side step that creates space. Its just a small step, but one that not many possess.
His skills are excellent.
He attended St. Peter's College and played in their firsts from Year 10. This year he played a few games as co-Captain but injured his shoulder playing reserves for Norwood - they were considering for league selection around the time.
He will be re-habing his shoulder (although already had 6 months of it) and gaining size for much of this year. I wouldn't expect to see him playing for 2 years, but make no mistake - he can play. A very good get here as there was at least one other Melbourne based club that was also keen around the same area of the draft.

what's his preferred kicking side, right or left foot?

if you had to compare him to a player in the afl, who does his game most likely resemble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back