Past Andrew Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Carlton Big Redders. A fine history of red heads at the Carlton Footy Club. May the sauce be with you.
If it's fanta-pants we need, get Josh Shoenfeld. He took no prisoners at the Draft Combine in winning the beep test and 3km run.

409242-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Good thing about Philips is that he can play seniors if need be.

Would like to see them draft one of the Sudanese boys to develop, and go with 4 ruckmen on the list.

1. Kreuzer
2. Phillips
3. Wood
4. Korcheck
5. (for now) Warnock

How many more do you want?

See us dropping Warnock and finding a kid next year after Korcheck has had a year in the system.
Would not be against a kid being rookied, but the ruck crop looks stronger next year esp Goddard from WA

The last time we went down that road, one of them walked & some supporters haven't stopped moaning since.

Identify those that have shown talent and keep it. Simple.

1. Kreuzer
2. Phillips
3. Wood
4. Korcheck
5. (for now) Warnock

How many more do you want?

See us dropping Warnock and finding a kid next year after Korcheck has had a year in the system.
Would not be against a kid being rookied, but the ruck crop looks stronger next year esp Goddard from WA

Forgot about Korchek, but would be against them keeping Warnock past this season. And Wood will be gone when his contract runs out next season. That's 4 if you draft Chol or Nyuon.

Don't know about this Goddard but can't imagine we'd be taking a ruckman with an early pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to move quite sharply for a ruck, not a lumber at all. Great leap on him too. Probably a bit short on for body strength but for his age is fine. I really really like seeing him taking marks and positioning his body well at marking contests in a few of those highlights. Obviously highlights are great to go off as Henderson and Hampson too good marks too despite having poor hands. But this guy looks like he could be a player. With the 4 man bench coming back he could fit straight in and hopefully pinch hit up forward with Kreuzer a little. A ruckman who can win hitouts and take a mark and kick the odd goal would be a brilliant to have.

Welcome big fella, upping the Tassie quota. Saw you in your debut game in Canberra,
Giants first win. Stop, start career with a few injuries and not much opportunity behind
Mummy. As the oldest of their developing rucks was on a merry-go-round. Good skills
for a big bloke, can kick a goal. Plenty of upside, and Woody will be hard pressed to
stay in front of him(don't go there peeps).
Can never have too many Taswegians on the books. Breed 'em tough down here. Best of luck big man.

We have been crying out for a young project ruckman for years and now we have one, about bloody time I say and well done to the club for making it happen.

Not certain he will be a star for us be he sure as hell will be given the opportunity to develop his body and skills as much as possible.

The other thing is he come from Tassie and most players from down that way don't take a backward step so I see that as another positive.

But, the biggest and best part about getting this young chap is that Robert Warnock has no use to us whatsoever and will either be traded (and there are some silly/desperate clubs asking his trade price right now) or delisted.

Another bit of pressure release from the salary cap and a spot on the playing list opens up.

All round, very pleased with the outcome.

Looks to have great athleticism. Took some nice grabs over a couple of really good players too, in the highlights vid.

Project ruckman - tick!

I'm interested to see how good his forward work is? Can he support Kruezer out of the pocket and hence we use the Cas @ CHF? That will be the question for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back