Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Hawak is someone who accidentally swallowed a kayak.....just for the record..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So have the Hirdites appealed or what??? Evey report says that "they were expected to file an appeal this evening", but no confirmation...what gives???

Essendon players proving they have not learned a thing if they appeal, still playing the victim. You have to wonder if they could be slapped even harder.

The best thing this Essendon and the players could do is accept it and at least prove they have learned something which they haven't. Arrogant archaic club that hasn't moved into the modern era of football/sport that still thinks it can get away with anything. The more they fight the longer this drags out.

Essendon players proving they have not learned a thing if they appeal, still playing the victim. You have to wonder if they could be slapped even harder.

The best thing this Essendon and the players could do is accept it and at least prove they have learned something which they haven't. Arrogant archaic club that hasn't moved into the modern era of football/sport that still thinks it can get away with anything. The more they fight the longer this drags out.
The club's insurers have offered them a free hit at the appeal, nothing to lose and all to gain.

Got to wonder at the insurer's motives though. Certainly aren't in it for the players. As we all know, when it comes to paying out, insurance companies are tighter than a dory's date.

The club's insurers have offered them a free hit at the appeal, nothing to lose and all to gain.

Got to wonder at the insurer's motives though. Certainly aren't in it for the players. As we all know, when it comes to paying out, insurance companies are tighter than a dory's date.
I think that they get a free slap at Essendon to recover their outlay on the legal team. It's not a no win no fee situation here.

Dramoth said:
I think that they get a free slap at Essendon to recover their outlay on the legal team. It's not a no win no fee situation here.
and takes the payout into next financial year.

Can it just stop already, this became NOT funny a long time ago, the AFL has embarrassed itself on a world stage, Robbo has lost all credibility and the thought of this carrying into another season just makes me want to not follow the game the same way anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“As a sportsman committed to clean, ethical competition, I acknowledge the possibility that I was administered a banned substance—unwittingly. I continue to hope and believe this was not the case, but those officials responsible for this are unwilling or unable to testify to the contrary and, therefore, in accordance with the worldwide doping code of personal responsibility I accept a reasonable penalty on the basis of my own failures in these unacceptable circumstances.”

Nicely put.
I think we are all now fully aware that Dank is all hot air, but if he ever plans on coming out with what he supposedly has that will clear the players, now is the time. His 'appropriate forum' has now presented itself. It's not an AFL tribunal, it's not controlled or run by ASADA/WADA or CAS. It's in another country.
So the question needs to be asked Dank, parlez-vous français?

Great article, especially the Footnote and C n BB has printed above.

Footnote: Stephen Dank, the evasive biochemist at the centre of this affair, was taken seriously in some quarters again last week when Fairfax Media reported his desire to clear the players’ names. Employing the royal “we” he seems to favour on legal matters, he said: “We must do what we need to do to get the players off.” This is the bloke who refused to speak to investigators. Well Mr Dank, perhaps if you’d paused over the past three years to consider Jobe Watson’s predicament, to take one of 34. A dedicated, scrupulously fair, universally popular sportsman who while under your “care” won the highest individual honour in the code, Watson’s career is now in ruins. He is about to endure the humiliation of handing back his Brownlow Medal and is so shattered by his experience that he may never play again. He has fried because you either a) gave him a banned substance or b) were too busy worrying about your own reputation to help save his—and 33 others. So by all means, do what you need to do. Knock yourself out.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/02-16/th...-plan-is-so-full-of-holes#7MLBSHSBr2OHQPhG.99

Great article, especially the Footnote and C n BB has printed above.

Footnote: Stephen Dank, the evasive biochemist at the centre of this affair, was taken seriously in some quarters again last week when Fairfax Media reported his desire to clear the players’ names. Employing the royal “we” he seems to favour on legal matters, he said: “We must do what we need to do to get the players off.” This is the bloke who refused to speak to investigators. Well Mr Dank, perhaps if you’d paused over the past three years to consider Jobe Watson’s predicament, to take one of 34. A dedicated, scrupulously fair, universally popular sportsman who while under your “care” won the highest individual honour in the code, Watson’s career is now in ruins. He is about to endure the humiliation of handing back his Brownlow Medal and is so shattered by his experience that he may never play again. He has fried because you either a) gave him a banned substance or b) were too busy worrying about your own reputation to help save his—and 33 others. So by all means, do what you need to do. Knock yourself out.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/02-16/th...-plan-is-so-full-of-holes#7MLBSHSBr2OHQPhG.99
Hashtag FFS!!!

I love the way he lays out his narrative about what happened and says that is how everybody sees it.

They are drug cheats, whether wittingly or unwittingly, it matters not. They used drugs to get an unfair advantage over their opponents and took full advantage on the field.

And he says "some" players did not put down what they took, when if fact ALL players did not.

But agree with his premise that it is time to move on. Nobody will change their view on anything now.

I love the way he lays out his narrative about what happened and says that is how everybody sees it.

They are drug cheats, whether wittingly or unwittingly, it matters not. They used drugs to get an unfair advantage over their opponents and took full advantage on the field.

And he says "some" players did not put down what they took, when if fact ALL players did not.

But agree with his premise that it is time to move on. Nobody will change their view on anything now.
This is only referring to the players that were tested by ASADA. I don't think ALL players were tested, therefore ALL players weren't required to fill out the forms.

I find the term "wit" coupled with Essendon to be an absurd notion.

Unless the full unveted word for "flap" precedes it.

I note that there is no challenge on not being dirty drug cheats in sport. Only on a technicality.

Well done, you flap wits.

I find the term "wit" coupled with Essendon to be an absurd notion.

Unless the full unveted word for "flap" precedes it.

I note that there is no challenge on not being dirty drug cheats in sport. Only on a technicality.

Well done, you flap wits.
I think that they are thinking that if they can get the drug cheats moniker removed from behind their names, they will then have a base to try and get the actual decision overturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back