Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

A good game, but 2 horrible errors in the final quarter cannot be ignored.
That missed tackle on Vickery when he missed a sitter.

Inb4turnstyle.

But we won.

Inb4paperingoverthecracks
this, turnstiles macmillan his nickname.
Tackling would have to be the easiest thing to do yet he struggles.

SpearPass

Senior List
Jul 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What people don't realise is that Jamie often gets himself into very precarious positions precisely because he has busted a nut to actually aggressively try to stop a scoring drive before they come to fruition. It can look bad if he doesn't stick a tackle (because he has to chase tail) but his leaving his own man and getting involved upfield saved a whole bunch of goals today.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
What people don't realise is that Jamie often gets himself into very precarious positions precisely because he has busted a nut to actually aggressively try to stop a scoring drive before the come to fruition. It can look bad if he doesn't stick a tackle (because he has to chase tail) but his leaving his own man and getting involved upfield saved a whole bunch of goals today.
Exactly this!!! Our clubs best gut runner!

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
You just have the jmac thread open in its own dedicated window waiting for posts, don't you Phillyroo.
And here I was about to send you a msg about how good Garner was... Yeah I do, busted. Quivorir didnt even know that it was his boy Atley's B'Day today.... You wouldn't make that mistake with Taylor would you?

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should be the next captain imo, he hasn't hit his peak yet, most defenders do so in their late 20's.

Spud will be hard to replace, but Jamie is the man for that role down the track.
I funny enough see Ziebell taking spuds role. Strong, great over head and when in space lethal boot.
I think Jmac would have more impact up the ground with his overlap running ability. He's also someone I would trust with their two way running.

Last edited:
Back