Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he was very good yesterday and I echo the thoughts of Spitter9 in that he was particularly dangerous with his kick selection. I liked this adventurous approach which we have sorely lacked all season.

It was great to see.

In fact lots of changes that have been made (player positioning, player roles etc) have changed more than expected.

Its been very welcome I agree.

It was great to see.

In fact lots of changes that have been made (player positioning, player roles etc) have changed more than expected.

Its been very welcome I agree.
Yep it's reminiscent of when Croc took over from JYD. A nice balance of def/ attack.

Just on another positive MacMillan's propensity to look to the corridor as a first option is a bit of a shining light in our stagnant transition of defence to attck. Looks terrible when it doesn't come off, but it's a good bad mistake ( if there's such a thing ).

I don't have a problem with sticking by JMac, but let's not act like DR....sorry PR has been here for years fighting the good fight since Jamie was drafted. To be honest, potting every single post that even hints at critical appraisal doesn't really promote healthy discussion.
Most pot and run. Where are they now?

Most pot and run. Where are they now?
Yeah these blanket type statements don't really do much for healthy, respectful discussion either.

If my memory serves me right a fairly well known poster on here got a permaban because they didn't really bring anything to the table bar smart arse call outs. It was a good call.

I was the first to come in and say he had a cracker.

I give McMillan, basti and Atley and fair bit of criticism but it's only due to their inconsistency. We see flashes of brilliance (like Jmac's games yesterday) from all three but we don't see them step up enough for mine.

The three of them are the middle tier that need to improve to take us forward.

I really hope Jmac continues this type of form for the rest of the year because his run and carry gives us another dimension.

That run and carry however has been lacking for pretty much the whole year before last night which is why I believe my criticisms are justified. There is no denying he has had a few howlers this year.

I didn't bag Browns performance.... I just noted that Brown didn't kick any goals..... And that is kinda his job. As a matter of interest Thewlis Dish does the above qualify as a personal attack??
I think BBB is doing a different role at the moment because Waite is in our line up. Obviously the goals output divvied up amongst the 3.

This thread was starting to slip to bottom of the page.... After a clear best on ground performance, I just couldn't have that. Back to the top JMac, where you belong!!!

I have said it before, and will say it again - JMac has all the tools to be a quality modern day midfielder. He is well built to win contested ball and also catch it in the air if need be, he has good decision making with the ball, and he has the skill. Not to mention leadership and understanding of the structures that are so important in modern game. Where he is suspect is the last line of defense, which is why I wouldn't play him there. (the same goes for Jacobs).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boosted his season numbers to a remarkable 18.4 possessions, 1.8 tackles and 0.6 goals a game.

Extraordinary footballer.

When blind faith is vindicated, does it become enlightened faith?

You were saying???

I think he was as good and maybe better than I would have you believe. Would you say I am a fan?

Did it hurt watching JMac dominate, while your boy put in an average performance in the VFL??

. Love it.

You still don't think he is best 22???

Not that he was gifted games.... But let's just say you are right and he was. It was worth it.

Just had to quote this.... So much s**t in one post, so wrong, so embarrassing...

It feels good this week.

The amazing thing is, that this was written after his best afield effort yesterday.
I watched the replay and he was awesome all over the field. He beat their key forwards in one on ones (Cameron and McCarthy). He beat Ward in several one on ones... This terribleness seems to not actually be real.

lol good on you Philly for keeping the faith, you are going to cop some schtick if he plays badly, but I think people were a bit rough on him, because it is not like he hasn't shown that he could play. I just felt the lack of continuity due to injuries and lack of role has hurt his footy this year.

I think if you make big calls on a player yay or nay then you have to be prepared to take some stick when you are wrong.

When I criticise players like Dish or Gibbo, I don't say they will never be good players, I just point out what they are doing wrong atm and what they need to do in order to be better players, every game I have blind optimism that they will deliver and I support them as much as my favourite players. I am just not surprised when they don't.

I think some people get too invested in negativity in that they write a player off for whatever reason and almost wish them to fail so they are not proven wrong.

Even though I gave Jacobs some stick for being unremarkable (given the general amount of stodge we have in the middle) I did suggest he could be an extremely valuable player as a tagger. Made the same call with Gibson, but Jacobs has taken like a duck to water at the role and I am extremely happy for him and think if he dedicates himself to it he can become an elite tagger which are very rare in this day, and very valuable.

Jamie needs to improve his tackling, tackles like a private schooler. :stern look

Jamie needs to improve his tackling, tackles like a private schooler. :stern look
Thanks for the rest of your post mate, but that last comment.... Did every one see JMac nail a rampaging Jeremy Cameron with a crunching tackle??? Holy s**t it was hard, tough, important, and he used perfect technique!!! Champion Data are taking the piss if that didn't count as a tackle.

Thanks for the rest of your post mate, but that last comment.... Did every one see JMac nail a rampaging Jeremy Cameron with a crunching tackle??? Holy s**t it was hard, tough, important, and he used perfect technique!!! Champion Data are taking the piss if that didn't count as a tackle.

So in other words he is capable of it. Which kind of sums up the frustrations with Jamie.

lol good on you Philly for keeping the faith, you are going to cop some schtick if he plays badly, but I think people were a bit rough on him, because it is not like he hasn't shown that he could play. I just felt the lack of continuity due to injuries and lack of role has hurt his footy this year.

I think 'the haters' get lumped together.

11254228_10153054733366843_3171923732767808511_n.jpg

He has to do more of it, which is the point. He should be on 3-6 tackles a game not 0-1. Intent, when your intent is to tackle rather than jazz-hands, you give yourself a good opportunity to tackle and even if it is not effective, it puts the opposition under a lot more pressure than allowing them to dispose the ball under no pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back