Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember plenty of shanks off his left and usually in really hurtful areas.

His right is generally fine though and has good penetration. Goal kicking has always been a positive.

Even Ablett can shank them off his opposite. Some players won't even use their wrong side

He's no Sammy Wright or Higgins, however he is pretty decent.

Agree. Sammy and Higgins know it will hit and it almost always does.

JMac it's almost a hit and hope if his left makes it. He is ok, but it has hurt us often by missing badly and he is not near a quality dual sided player (yet) at AFL level, let alone a star like Mitchell.

Regardless, he had his best game for mine and lets focus on that.

Lets just hope the impressive JMac continues as per last week. If he does, we are no doubt a better team and that's excellent.

Last edited:
Agree. Sammy and Higgins know it will hit and it almost always does.

JMac it's almost a hit and hope if his left makes it. He is ok, but it has hurt us often by missing badly and he is not near a quality dual sided player (yet) at AFL level, let alone a star like Mitchell.

Regardless, he had his best game for mine and lets focus on that rather than posters making hyperbole claims (but will of course get the donkey vote...).

Lets just hope the impressive JMac continues as per last week. If he does, we are no doubt a better team and that's excellent.

Yes he does have my vote:rainbow:

You show me some vids of shanks and I'll show you some of hits;)

Yes he does have my vote:rainbow:

You show me some vids of shanks and I'll show you some of hits;)

If you haven't seen his left shanks over the years you haven't been watching close enough.

He had an excellent game. Let's leave it at that rather than pretend he is something he isn't.

If you haven't seen his left shanks over the years you haven't been watching close enough.

He had an excellent game. Let's leave it at that rather than pretend he is something he isn't.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm pretending he's something he isn't?

I find your passive aggressive way of trying to undermine other posters views whilst stating your own opinions as facts extremely annoying.

He is very highly skilled. I never stated that he is a star. Let's leave it at that rather then pretend he is something he isn't.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm pretending he's something he isn't?

I find your passive aggressive way of trying to undermine other posters views whilst stating your own opinions as facts extremely annoying.

He is very highly skilled. I never stated that he is a star. Let's leave it at that rather then pretend he is something he isn't.

JMac is skilled and appears to be making significant positive improvement which is excellent for him and us. Continuity of games will be important for him.

Questioning you on claims that I don't think are true (that he is great off both feet) is just stating my opinion, not aggressive at all.

Last edited:
Not been a fan in the padt but has been really good last two weeks and desrves credit. Is a winger not hbf. Should never play back again. Hopefully keeps improving. We need it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got home from the game. JMac and Dal were about the only mids that didn't look like they have gastro. The last two weeks show that he's improving. That can't be said for too many others.

Just got home from the game. JMac and Dal were about the only mids that didn't look like they have gastro. The last two weeks show that he's improving. That can't be said for too many others.

I agree. Although I'd throw Cunners in there too. His game is building, he's really starting to bring those strong overhead marks back into it. Handballs are ironically still off but easily still our best by hand. But yes MacMillan is getting better every week. Think I might be on phillyroos jmac train

Best? The whole side was deplorable. Not one of them broke even.

But you can hang your hat on someone not being our crapest player for the night.
You're the one that jumped in a thread potting a bloke who was one of our only semi decent players as if he was the worst on ground.

Best? The whole side was deplorable. Not one of them broke even.

But you can hang your hat on someone not being our crapest player for the night.
Didn't see it, but seems he was one of the few to be able to walk off with his head up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back