Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

So what Twinkletoes is saying is that Jamie MacMillan could potentially be reading all this right now?

You'd be surprised how much is read or passed onto some players by friends and family. One reason why the post loss keyboard heroes prone to potting a young bloke's character should think twice before posting.

You'd be surprised how much is read or passed onto some players by friends and family. One reason why the post loss keyboard heroes prone to potting a young bloke's character should think twice before posting.

fry.PNG

I think your sarcasm detector might be a bit wonky, ATG.

Rob.. He wasn't being sarcastic, he is a good poster. Facetious maybe, but sarcasm, no.

The fact is both those clubs had poor cultures which needed turning around where we have a good culture and need to be led by onfield deeds.

In any case he should be more worried about getting a game than becoming captain, Swallow is a very good one as it is.

After receiving a couple messages regarding my comments earlier in this thread, I'm gonna clarify that.....

It's not a shaming or attempt to hinder J-mac's reputation. My views are of what my interpretation was and conversations with staff at the gym I used to go to. Anybody here who is familiar with my posting on this forum knows that I don't talk s**t about players, I mainly post silly stuff that some of you might find humorous.

I love all the players on our list, they represent the club we all love.

I'll be back in this thread when the season kick starts.

Rob.. He wasn't being sarcastic, he is a good poster. Facetious maybe, but sarcasm, no.

The fact is both those clubs had poor cultures which needed turning around where we have a good culture and need to be led by onfield deeds.

In any case he should be more worried about getting a game than becoming captain, Swallow is a very good one as it is.
Well technically he was being sarcastic, because he said one thing to make a point opposite to the literal meaning of what he said. You're right though, I did misread your reading of his post.

FWIW, I like JMac as a player enough to defend him against the haters, but I don't jump on every player who is relatively mature and articulate as a future captain.

It's impossible to say who our next captain should be, apart from someone who sets the standard on and off the field, represents the club well to the public and media, and whom the rest of the group will get behind. Setting the standard on the field might just as easily be the flat out best player as a coach on the field type. As it happened, Boomer met a lot of those criteria and turned out not to be a great captain.

I'd think I t's at least 3 years off anyway, and a lot can change.

I can see some of the flaws with Jamie however based on his recent output and career so far I suspect he'll be retiring in close to a decade as a very well loved clubman and fan favourite - much in the mould of Simpson or Blakey.

He's only turning 24 later this year from memory and has played over 60 games. Seems pretty durable and a smart player. Could easily hit 200+.

What are the similarities in these 2 videos?

#iffitwillplay

Is it an arm waving, missed tackles and finger pointing collage?

Honestly, just watch the essendon final, that was about as complete a performance as he has ever put together.

After receiving a couple messages regarding my comments earlier in this thread, I'm gonna clarify that.....

It's not a shaming or attempt to hinder J-mac's reputation. My views are of what my interpretation was and conversations with staff at the gym I used to go to. Anybody here who is familiar with my posting on this forum knows that I don't talk s**t about players, I mainly post silly stuff that some of you might find humorous.

I love all the players on our list, they represent the club we all love.

I'll be back in this thread when the season kick starts.

At least you provide original thought to this board brother. Don't apologise for being critical of ordinary/putrid/shitful/embarrassing efforts.

Bloke described his role to me as not to get the ball.

Next 2 games I watched the game and replays and it was clear we had more structure. Uncanny how his rearrangement of players at stoppages would result in that exact player getting the ball or having a defensive input or both.

Next 2 games I watched the game and replays and it was clear we had more structure. Uncanny how his rearrangement of players at stoppages would result in that exact player getting the ball or having a defensive input or both.
Could easily see him go into coaching after footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On field coaches. As mentioned before these roles are increasingly important due to the speed of the game itself and the time in which opposition can make structural changes during the game. Recruiters and coaches value these traits in players very, very highly. Most of us look at what players do with the ball and how they perform in what they do in contests, coaches look for that and other things that we don't see or even know about. Jamie is pretty good in the first part and excels in the other by all accounts. It is the latter part of the game that kept Levi out of the side for so long.

Well technically he was being sarcastic, because he said one thing to make a point opposite to the literal meaning of what he said. You're right though, I did misread your reading of his post.

FWIW, I like JMac as a player enough to defend him against the haters, but I don't jump on every player who is relatively mature and articulate as a future captain.

It's impossible to say who our next captain should be, apart from someone who sets the standard on and off the field, represents the club well to the public and media, and whom the rest of the group will get behind. Setting the standard on the field might just as easily be the flat out best player as a coach on the field type. As it happened, Boomer met a lot of those criteria and turned out not to be a great captain.

I'd think I t's at least 3 years off anyway, and a lot can change.

Can't see Spitta stepping down after going back to back anyway.

Every time I watch Hawthorn, the players at stoppages 5m, 10m, 30m from the ball appear to believe their role is an important as Sam Mitchell's regardless of if they get first possession or not.
So much preparation goes into the stoppage structures these days that one bloke not doing what he should can lead to a clean F50 entry for the opposition. It must be very frustrating when carrying a guy who doesnt follow instructions and the opposition exploit that.

So much preparation goes into the stoppage structures these days that one bloke not doing what he should can lead to a clean F50 entry for the opposition. It must be very frustrating when carrying a guy who doesnt follow instructions and the opposition exploit that.

*cough* Levi *cough*

*cough* Levi *cough*
Yeah, he used to be one of those, but then two things happened.

1: He worked sufficiently hard on that weakness that he as reasonable reliable

2: The team matured enough as a group so that the exploitation was more readily absorbed.

Collingwood are a younger team these days so I wonder if this problem will arise over there or if Levi will improve that aspect of his game further?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back