Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 10 - NMFC vs. Sydney Swans
7 kicks, 6 handballs, 13 disposals, 5 contested, 8 uncontested, 92% eff, 2 marks, 1 tackle, 1 clearence, 1 rebound 50, 5 inside 50's and 1 goal from 77% game time.

I think Jamie is going to be a very damaging player when he is consitantly racking up 20 plus disposals a game.

Didn't he play on Hanneberry?

His perfectly executed 50m+ goal on the run was a sign of what's in store with JMac. Superb! It had Peter German written all over it and, to state the bleeding obvious, we really need players with such skills in front of the sticks (and everywhere else tbh) right now.

Yeah, for me, he's the one I'm most excited about as a propect. Just looks to have all the tools, great composure and will only get better.
Has footy smarts too which is the key.

I'd like him to be a yard quicker, but I agree, he has all the tools to be a very dmaging player. I'm happy that Brad Scott has placed him in the midfield, I think that is his best position.

I think Jamie is going to be a very damaging player when he is consitantly racking up 20 plus disposals a game.

Didn't he play on Hanneberry?
Not sure who he played on directly s2s. But yeah, he should be able to get his hands on the ball more in the next year or two and if he continues to play off a wing then he will become a real weapon. Statistically speaking he is one of the best performed in the league in inside 50's, and probably delivers the most per disposals.

Footy smarts, nice skills, can run all day and a good size too.

AFL Round 10 - NMFC vs. Adelaide Crows
Jamie played for about 5 minutes, picking up 0 disposals and multiple facial fractures.

[YOUTUBE]ZIf-6I76dQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Poor son of a bitch. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Jamie. All the best young fella.

Pretty gutted for this young bloke.

I had him marked down as a definite bolter this year and he was looking the goods.

He will be doing well to get back into the team inside 2/3 months with that car crash like impact.

The umpire that called "play on" with full view of the incident should never see senior footy again.

Hey everyone.

I had the chance to interview young gun Jamie MacMillian a few weeks ago before his injury; for the local newspaper: North and West Melbourne News.

The newspaper got published on Thursday and thought I'd post it up as some might be interested in giving it a read.

A week in the life of a North Melbourne footballer is much more than a good performance on game day.

On a windswept, freezing pre-winter day I stand at the Arden Street Oval with my good friend Kit Harvey, new North Melbourne Football Club media coordinator Chelsea Collins and North Melbourne youngster Jamie Macmillan. It is a pleasure to interview this young player and to share his story with fellow North and West Melburnians.

A Week In The Life Of Young Roo Jamie Macmillan

He is a top bloke and wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for his career :thumbsu:

Carn the Roos!

“Obviously the history of the club is very rich,” he replies, “and even though the media presents North as poor and struggling, the club has a lot of heart and pride. Pulling on the blue and white guernsey is therefore a real honour.

I was already a fan, but now he has officially won me for life.

This kid speaks well and conducts himself like a pro. He has "future leader" stamped all over him.

Top stuff as always PISt. :thumbsu:

Have to agree with you there Tef, he's just the type to help lead us into the future more successful era, mindful of what it means to be a North Melbourne footballer, treading the large footsteps of so many champions who've done so before you.

He's a beauty is JMac. :thumbsu:

Good stuff P.I.S :thumbsu:

I think Jamie's act of courage against the crows should be acknowledged by the club as often as possible because that's how we want to be known. Tough, hard, commited and no backward steps.... just like Arch, Schimma, Denchy did in previous eras!

Makes the blood pump when I read a youngster say it's a real honour to pull on the blue and white!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharing PISt!

Jamie's family lives around the corner from a good friend of ours and they informed me that he is a very nice and very grounded young man. This interview/article vouched for their high opinion of him!

Jamie, have a speedy recovery and we are keeping our fingers crossed that you will be back in the seniors very soon! Have a fantastic career with North!

Go Roos!

Did anyone see Jamie being interviewed today in-front of the Trojan-tools marquee outside the ground today?

Handled himself very well, talking to a crowd of 4 North Melbourne fans. :thumbsu:

Stated that he was feeling good today, and hopes to be back in approx' 2 weeks playing footy.

Excellent read, PiT.:thumbsu:

Any inside word on how long JMac expects to be on the sidelines for?

I haven't read any reports since the "accident".
Will miss another 2 weeks according to the NMFC injury list on the website.

Excellent read, PiT.:thumbsu:

Any inside word on how long JMac expects to be on the sidelines for?

I haven't read any reports since the "accident".

He trained on the sidelines with Norris yesterday and didn't do any work with the main group. My guess is that it will be at least another fortnight before Jamie returns.

Back to Werribee after 5 weeks on the sidlines. Report thanks to Benny C:

34.Macmillan- first game back after having to undergo extensive facial surgery, he played in defence and got through it well. Worked hard a member of the Werribee back six that virtually shut down delivery for the Frankston forward line. Had 23 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles and 3 clearances.

There is definitely a spot for him in the senior 22 if the coaching staff deem him ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back