VFL Past #48: Kyle Hardingham - Made the VFL team of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fully expect the club to allow any trade with a 5th/6th rounder.. or whatever.. just to get the deal done.

So we will know soon enough if someone wants him.

Perth boy, you'd think Freo would be a good fit. Sad to see him go, seems like he really loved the club :oops: Also, had a great Crichton night last year :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Frustrating footballer. Huge margin for error & made me nervous when he was playing back 6. Had hopes for him to slot in down forward this year as that mid range option but he'd been worked out by rd 4 & papers were stamped accordingly.

I'd be surprised if he lasted beyond 2 years at another club.

Good luck though!

Lets be honest...no other club is going to give up a pick below no.70. Just reality.

Lions, GWS, Richmond and maybe even Westcoast depending on LeCras' long term future (not that he is a pinch on LeCras, but he would be nice cover)

Ah shame, never like hearing an Essendon player wanting a trade.. but understandable in this case.

Was still hoping he got inspired by Colyer's improved kicking resulting in cementing his place in the side and thought Kyle could do the same thing and be our difficult match up, X-factor up forward.

Well I wish him the best of luck anyway, wonder how many clubs are having a sniff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the problem with Hardy is that he's a bit limited and gets worked out easily.

He started the year extremely well. But his form tapered off quickly- in fairness, in conjunction with ours after the Carlton win.

When he's in the backline, he's great as a pure stopper because of his exceptional leap and very good spoiling and marking. As soon as you force him into a position where he's getting the ball a lot in the backline, though, it's serious heart in mouth stuff.

I reckon the problem with Hardy is that he's a bit limited and gets worked out easily.

He started the year extremely well. But his form tapered off quickly- in fairness, in conjunction with ours after the Carlton win.

When he's in the backline, he's great as a pure stopper because of his exceptional leap and very good spoiling and marking. As soon as you force him into a position where he's getting the ball a lot in the backline, though, it's serious heart in mouth stuff.
Hardy will find a spot because he is an AFL standard small to medium defender - He only goes forward once in a while.

Id have him on par (ability wise) to Nick Maxwell, with his intercept reading of the play and timely fist. Maxwell (reportedly) was a splendid leader.

oh i thought you were gonna say "the problem with hardy is that he's dumb as *. jesus."

The player we took over Barlow.

All the best, Kyle.

Granted he was a horrible kick... but had his moments, loved that in the backline he was the first person in the backline (since Paddy played there) that could kill a high ball contest before the opposition forward could get close to the ball... I thought he was worth persisting with, even as a forward, but understand the logic. I used to like Jarrydn Atkinson too so what do I know. :)

Granted he was a horrible kick... but had his moments, loved that in the backline he was the first person in the backline (since Paddy played there) that could kill a high ball contest before the opposition forward could get close to the ball... I thought he was worth persisting with, even as a forward, but understand the logic. I used to like Jarrydn Atkinson too so what do I know. :)

Never forget that dashing run he did against Hawthorn at the G and snagged a goal with a bloke right up his backside.

Last edited:
Never forget that dashing run he did against Hawthorn at the G and snagged a goal with a bloke right up his backside.

Was one of thew few guys to be running with the ball, look over his shoulder, see Rioli chasing him and think "Cool, it's only Cyril, I can take him."
The chase continued for 30m or so, Rioli caught him, but Atkinson kicked the goal while being tackled. Amazing bit of play, really.

Was one of thew few guys to be running with the ball, look over his shoulder, see Rioli chasing him and think "Cool, it's only Cyril, I can take him."
The chase continued for 30m or so, Rioli caught him, but Atkinson kicked the goal while being tackled. Amazing bit of play, really.

Think he did it in that match where we broke St Kilda's streak too..

Remember Bruce saying "how are the Bombers gonna fit in all this talent" ... umm yeah...

Like Ted Richards, 'Hardinhand' has had a rough trot with the Dons at the selection table, I think he's a good player and whilst I'd be disappointed to see him go, can hardly blame the guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back