VFL Past #48: Kyle Hardingham - Made the VFL team of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

They are dropping like flies! Ryder, Dempsey, Jetta, Van Unen, Hardingham, the list goes on. #exodus #carowasright

they said that about sam lonergan too
always have a soft spot for him. he completely body smashed a Carlscum player (Murphy?) a couple years back. it was poetry in motion

Meh no surprise there. Good on him for looking for more opportunity....

Maybe Bitchmond will pick him up, they love recycled players on their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the current conditions Hardingham is a fringe player for us at best.

With Hird now back in the chair, I see this as him now swinging the axe for the "couldas, but can'ts".

After coming on in 2011, he always had to bide time with previous contracts written up before his time. 2012 and drafting meant that he still had to keep some experience on the list to keep the team viable. 2013 fell in a hole and James was sent on a hiatus.

Now, with 2014 in the books and Hird at the helm....I'm expecting more Hardingham like "move ons" to occur.

Fair enough - he deserves the chance to look for more opportunity. I'd be willing to let him go cheap personally. Like a 4th round upgrade or some such. Doesn't really have any trade value anyway. Hope he gets another go, he played some exciting games for us over his time here.

Probably would have gone last year except I felt the club was very keen to retain players to ensure it didn't 'look' like an exodus.

The fact that Ambrose and Steinberg were playing before him probably spelt the end.

At least we are finally putting an end to the Howler decisions that defined the 'Knights era'... I will never understand how you have Barlow train the house down right under your nose.. and then pick this bloke... urghh.

Looked alright for a couple of rounds this year.. but once opposition teams did their homework.. it was all over. Very solid VFL player.

The question will be whether anyone else would want him??

In the current conditions Hardingham is a fringe player for us at best.

With Hird now back in the chair, I see this as him now swinging the axe for the "couldas, but can'ts".

After coming on in 2011, he always had to bide time with previous contracts written up before his time. 2012 and drafting meant that he still had to keep some experience on the list to keep the team viable. 2013 fell in a hole and James was sent on a hiatus.

Now, with 2014 in the books and Hird at the helm....I'm expecting more Hardingham like "move ons" to occur.
Correct. I just posted a similar thing. Last year meant we had to look very united/solid and probably couldn't make the moves we wanted to.

Hopefully this year they get ruthless can clear out the remaining deadwood.

I wouldn't have a clue. He's comfortably AFL standard though, we just happen to have a fella called Baguley.
I'm not sure a backman who routinely threw himself at every aerial ball without always making contact is comfortably AFL standard Ben

I'm not sure a backman who routinely threw himself at every aerial ball without always making contact is comfortably AFL standard Ben

A guy who beats his man 9 times out of 10, contributes more than his fair share as third man up and can swing forward to great effect is comfortably AFL standard.

I could also see Ross Lyon doing great things with him in the forwardline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back