Player Watch #34: Liam McBean

Will McBean be an AFL standard forward for Richmond ( 150 + games)

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very Very happy with this Pick,

This kid could become anything and i mean anything , Once he puts on another 10-12kgs he will become our full FB/CHB that takes the monster FF or the resting ruckman and can also go foward if we need to throw him up foward.

My Ideal team would have a 200cm Backman that has the speed and agility that Dustin Fletcher has that can also Play 10-15% in the Ruck or go foward - in 3-4 years time we will have this in Liam McBean and at the time where Chaplin is starting to finish up. GREAT PICK TIGERS
With 1 Full time Ruckman + Vickery & McBean we will be a very very hard team to match up in the Ruck

Couldn't agree more. Will be ready in 3-4 years to go when Chaplin is done. Very good pick Tiges:thumbsu:

Yep. Agile, great hands, good disposal. Should have gone top 20 but clubs are put off at his weight 81kgs.

He could be the first ever 200cms versatile winger.

Watched the highlights and he looks great for his height.

Just find it interesting, if we see him as a ruckman, that we would put the time into developing an 80kg string bean, but applying similar logic in reverse, wouldn't want to use pick 9 on a 100kg near ready made proposition in Grundy. But sounds like the kids has some good attributes... time will tell if he can get himself and AFL game before being snapped in half :D

Brb cya in 6 years...Bizarre pick considering the players still on offer around him. I would have rather drafted for a ready made ruck in 6 years time with a 2nd/3rd rounder without paying all the development fees and use this years pick on something useful buuuut they appear to know what they are doing atm so we will see. Good luck Beano. Go to the gym NAOW!!! Dirty bulk wtf!

Just find it interesting, if we see him as a ruckman, that we would put the time into developing an 80kg string bean, but applying similar logic in reverse, wouldn't want to use pick 9 on a 100kg near ready made proposition in Grundy. But sounds like the kids has some good attributes... time will tell if he can get himself and AFL game before being snapped in half :D

Think the point with this kid is that he's 203cm, but plays like a quality 195cm player. Won't be a full time ruck, but a dangerous KP utility who can pinch hit in the ruck.

Will put on another 5kgs doing nothing more than getting 2 years older. Fletcher is 198cm and 92kgs, if we can get another 10kgs+ on him then he could be anything.

Brb cya in 6 years...Bizarre pick considering the players still on offer around him. I would have rather drafted for a ready made ruck in 6 years time with a 2nd/3rd rounder without paying all the development fees and use this years pick on something useful buuuut they appear to know what they are doing atm so we will see. Good luck Beano. Go to the gym NAOW!!! Dirty bulk wtf!

Take it easy champ, give him a chance.
Sounds like you've written him off already..

Recruited for the sole reason of stopping this guy in the near future:
863847-joe-daniher.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, big Tiger's fan as is his dad apparently. They'll be going off in the McBean household:D

Shows great mobility for such a big guy and takes his marks at the highest point which would make him difficult to spoil. Handy shot for goal too.

Recruited for the sole reason of stopping this guy in the near future:
863847-joe-daniher.jpg
About to post exactly the same...

Was thinking David Hale type, tall, light framed ruck who plays more KPP... but watching the highlight vid, geeze, he moves well for someone that tall. Quick, not lumbering at all. And looks to have pretty good disposal. Could be an astute pick up.

some seem worried about his size and weight but you wouldn't expect too many 200cm plus and near 100kg 18yr old lads that have any ability still available at pick 33. Who knows in a couple of years time he could be putting some pressure on Vicks, Griff etc for that 2nd ruck tall fwd role.

Looks okay to me:thumbsu:

Really hope that Vickery, Griffiths, Elton & McBean all can make it into the one side.
They are all very athletic for their height and it will make us a very difficult side to match up on.

Really hope that Vickery, Griffiths, Elton & McBean all can make it into the one side.
They are all very athletic for their height and it will make us a very difficult side to match up on.

I agree. Vickery/griffiths fwd and elton/mcbean fb/chb. Elton played his u/18 football from what I recall at FB/CHB and I'm sure will be at least tried there next year at Coburg.

Nice skills, agility and mark for a bloke that size.
What is his pace like? Could see him tearing down a wing hitting Jack lace out!
Get on the Musashi bulk powder son.

Back