34 - Liam McBean

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2007
Elland Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sorry for the delay in getting Liam's player bio up.

Date of Birth: 25 August 1994;
Recruited from: Calder Cannons;
Drafted: Pick 34, 2012 National Draft;
Height: 202cm (Richmond website);
Weight: 86kg (Richmond website);
Position: Ruck, Key Position Player (can play forward or back).

Liam is a lightly framed Ruckman / KPP with excellent disposal for a player of his height. He has good awareness in traffic wins his own ball and is very good below his knees.

During the U'18 Championships in 2012, Liam played mainly as a Key Position Backman but has the ability to play forward as well, a position he filled with Calder whist he was having a rest from his main ruck role.

As with all young ruckmen, Liam will take time to develop as he grows into the mature sized body shape required of modern day talls. The Richmond FC website lists Liam at 86 kgs but the latest information I heard suggests he has put weight (Muscle) on and tips the scales at 90kgs now.
It will be several years before we really see the best of him.

In 2013, it would be unlikely Liam will play many games for us (if any) due to the likelihood he will be monstered in ruck or key position contests.

In my opinion his job in 2013 and 2014 is to put size on to cope with the demands of AFL football.

Welcome to Tigerland Liam McBean.

With Round 1 now completed in the VFL, I can advise that my man Liam McBean kicked 4 in the 32 point win over Sandringham yesterday. At this time I am unable to advise his stats as I obviously are not as good at research as I thought i was. Will advise when I find them.

With Round 1 now completed in the VFL, I can advise that my man Liam McBean kicked 4 in the 32 point win over Sandringham yesterday. At this time I am unable to advise his stats as I obviously are not as good at research as I thought i was. Will advise when I find them.

Had a chat to him Saturday night was a good bloke. Said he was just trying to throw weight on and gave me a run through of the boys in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back