Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

No trade but if we do have to it's Weller or bust. Don't want Crozier, Sheridan or a pick. Gotta be quality if we're trading out one of our only young KPFs.

If Freo want Black (in contract) then they will need to give overs. It is the way the system works. North don't have to get rid of him.

Why are we wanting to trade Aaron Black? He's the most talented player on our list and should end up a genuine A-grader.

If he wants to go or we don't see the best of him then it's the NMFC's failure. End of.

Why are we wanting to trade Aaron Black? He's the most talented player on our list and should end up a genuine A-grader.

If he wants to go or we don't see the best of him then it's the NMFC's failure. End of.

not sure if serious? not about wanting to trade its about wait and see what Freo have to offer and if he ain't performing no point keeping vfl players.

If he's in the VFL for any reason other than recovering from injury then we've failed him and the club.

He has A grade talent there is absolutely no doubt. We start giving him away for picks then I will puke.

what if he is fit and playing VFL due to poor form, then he has failed the club thus far. He ain't playing afl due to his form and nothing else.

Waite has brain fades we all know ( I'm sure it was discussed at the club when negotiations started ) but what constitutes a failure in your eyes ? Was he a 70 goals a season forward b4 he came to us?? The freedom of Petrie floating back when needed isn't that a byproduct of Waite staying up forward? The unpredictability in our forward set up each week isn't that an offset from Waite being here (yes we had that with Lachie, Tarrant in earlier times before)

None of us know exactly how Petrie body is holding up ....... but Waite should outlast him at least by a year, this in turn allows BBB the freedom to have the 2nd or 3rd best defender during this time as he gains experience and strength/conditioning to be our number 1 later on down the track. Black will come back into the equation before his contract expires but players can't expect just because they sign long term contracts they're guaranteed a spot in the best 22.
Majak jesus? who knows with him ? Currency I think, we're better off getting something from a club willing to part with a decent pick. A St Kilda or a Melbourne not a club who in turn can hurt our chances ( if we have any ) for a shot at a flag in the near future.

One thing I like about Waite is that he deliberately hurts opposition players when taking marks, in the course of a game. Injury time to those players does have an impact ( whether that is a winning effect , who knows) it also puts hesitation into into those who may play against him.

How many times do we hear Zeibell is a beast?? Its the same thing opposition players know the Waite jumps early, his stops on his boots have a tendency to meet calves on the back of peoples legs.

Go back and look at Carey video's Carey would take a mark roll about but throw legs out and meet opposition players almost every week , that was part of his weaponry.
Agree with most of that ozzysolo..

What did i expect from Waite and what constitutes a failure..
I think i had him down for 42 goals for the year in the Waite thread and i was being generous . All i expected from him was backup for our forwards and so far he has 19 with a handfull of brainfades. No he was never a 70 gls a season player in fact i didn't think he would go half a year without getting injured or suspended.
Im with u that i like what he brings and believe we haven't seen the best of him.

And as for Black its really all up to him to work his way back as iv said before and as others have said also. Brown or Waite can get injured or drop of who knows but Black has to do a Maj and keep knocking the door down...

Last edited:
No trade but if we do have to it's Weller or bust. Don't want Crozier, Sheridan or a pick. Gotta be quality if we're trading out one of our only young KPFs.
Would Weller want to come to Vic if he's a Queenslander? Maybe he could live with his brother, but I can't see Freo trading their first round pick who hasn't played a game yet. Would we trade Durdin?

Would Weller want to come to Vic if he's a Queenslander? Maybe he could live with his brother, but I can't see Freo trading their first round pick who hasn't played a game yet. Would we trade Durdin?
Wellers are Tassie boys originally.

If he's in the VFL for any reason other than recovering from injury then we've failed him and the club.

He has A grade talent there is absolutely no doubt. We start giving him away for picks then I will puke.
I thought he was pretty bloody a grade against hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was pretty bloody a grade against hawthorn.

You mean this year? Well he is recovering from injury so that's obscuring things but it's his talent that is high. Never said his output was that of an A grader and it certainly hasn't been this year.

If we're going to start trading out talent like his simply for more potential in draft picks then the club has to question its development people & programs.

what if he is fit and playing VFL due to poor form, then he has failed the club thus far. He ain't playing afl due to his form and nothing else.

The club should take its share of responsibility for the form of its players. That's what successful people/organisations do.

I mean look how many of our players have improved their output this year. Less than 5 players you'd be happy with. And the number who have gone backwards is alarming to say the least. Cunnington, Atley, Gibson and the list goes on.

Of course the individuals are ultimately responsible for themselves but the way things have gone this year I just can't help but wonder about the broader influences within the footy dept. I think that's fair enough.

You mean this year? Well he is recovering from injury so that's obscuring things but it's his talent that is high. Never said his output was that of an A grader and it certainly hasn't been this year.

If we're going to start trading out talent like his simply for more potential in draft picks then the club has to question its development people & programs.
Easy on Aaron. He had post season surgery last season, if he's still in pain and can't function then perhaps we should review who operates on our players. This right here is classic overrating of our own players. He hasn't set the world on fire in the vfl, his chance in the ones was let through to the keeper, and if he wants to go home then we should and will facilitate a trade. He is not Jack gunston, nor cam McCarthy. You seem to be making out that he is.

Seriously starting to doubt the mental aptitude of people who keep bringing up the Hawks game earlier in the year.

No Aaron hasn't earned a recall but * sake stop using that game as evidence. He should never have been played and we got absolutely anally fisted in that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back