Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy on Aaron. He had post season surgery last season, if he's still in pain and can't function then perhaps we should review who operates on our players. This right here is classic overrating of our own players. He hasn't set the world on fire in the vfl, his chance in the ones was let through to the keeper, and if he wants to go home then we should and will facilitate a trade. He is not Jack gunston, nor cam McCarthy. You seem to be making out that he is.

His talent is high, output not. I've made that clear. Just my opinion, take it or leave it. Nothing more needs to be said from my end.

4. On a tough day for all key-position players, Aaron Black worked hard up forward for the Roosters.

“Considering the conditions, to take six marks and kick two goals was a good performance,” Brown explained.

“His work rate was really good. He got up the ground and then worked back hard, making himself hard to play on.

“He competed well and his all-round effort was quite good.”

without injuries its hard too see black getting back into the side this year, but i do hope he stays, because in a few years when drew and waite are gone we will need him to step up and take his game to a new level

1. Aaron Black had a second quarter purple patch, kicking three consecutive goals. His effort and work rate remained impressive throughout the game, finishing with nine marks.

“Blacky was very good and his second quarter in particular was outstanding,” Senior Development Coach Gavin Brown told NMFC.com.au.“He marked them on the lead, in the air, in the contest and got the ball at ground level.

“When the weather came in the second half he still competed and won his one-on-ones.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo NEED him and should be offering something very good in return. Will be a wait and see at end of the year.

Spoke to him in the carpark after the game walking back to the car with his gorgeous partner. His fired up and really hopes to play next week.

only way he will play if Petrie gets suspended, cant see anyone else getting dropped in the forward line.

i actually think he should be considered for defence. He's mobile and has good aerobic capacity so a lachie style intercepting role may be the go.

i actually think he should be considered for defence. He's mobile and has good aerobic capacity so a lachie style intercepting role may be the go.

I think we'd end up with a broken (almost) KPF - Lachie plays that role well but arguably is suffering durability issues also. To be honest I'm just not sure that dropping in the hole as a job plan is great for players long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back