Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

get his body right and he will bounce back hard. He will be keen to attone..injured or not he will be motivated all pre season by his last performance..

71 points are gonna burn in the guts of a lot of blokes over the summer.

11.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Such an under rated post.

KC that's two guys you've mentioned that have had iffy years . Think Scotty Thompson was a bit all over the shop at times . Grima of course was injured . Hansen injured. Wells injured Swallow injured. lT has something wrong with his knee. Nothing from Tarrant, Curran, dumont Daw was injured then got injured again. tippet and Nahas injured.

Had a shitty year with poor form and injuries and finished fourth.

Happy days are a coming guys.

Okay it was slightly tongue in cheek..more so to do with the Duck's arrogance in that he didn't want to play there!
Back on topic..Black would add nothing that Spud, Thompson and Grima cant add.
in the case of spud and grima, agility comes to mind, and even given his form this year, how much longer can spud go on?

I cbfd reading through the last 5 pages because it may or may not be full of crap but Black will make you all look like fools.
I really hope so!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_inline_n5u0xtXbcw1ryxhvf.jpg

He'll be alright, though.

Was down 3 possessions and .8 a goal a game which is the sticking point for everyone.

Everywhere else he was within a small margin of his stats last year, is down on clangers, down on marks inside 50 (as youd expect playing further up the ground).

Surprising thing is Contested Marks are within .2 a game from last year, and that has been one of the biggest bug bears for people this year. Noone mentioned it last year but his contested marking was just as low.

Guy is a low grade spud. Shouldnt be in our best 22. The fact he played every game this season was disgraceful.

Very surprised some people feel this way.
Shouldn’t we have dropped him to the VFL to regain some Form/confidence?
Surely Black questioned his own selection at times. I believe we were contributing to his poor performances by not allowing him time in the VFL.
I hope he can recover.. He looked broken at times

if people are satisfied with Black's performance and contribution this season then I really don't know what to say.
he was horrible. he should've been dropped and if he was injured he shouldn't have been playing, because on form he shouldn't have been playing.
terrible season. hopefully just a one-off but we'll see.

Very surprised some people feel this way.
Shouldn’t we have dropped him to the VFL to regain some Form/confidence?
Surely Black questioned his own selection at times. I believe we were contributing to his poor performances by not allowing him time in the VFL.
I hope he can recover.. He looked broken at times
he was almost dropped before the hawthorn game - kicked 3 in that game and kept his spot for the rest of the season. he was extremely disappointing and a consistent liability. as I said in my last post, I hope it was a one off but not dropping him, or if he was injured then it was quite obviously an injury which heavily restricted him then he shouldn't have been selected. whatever the case the club ****ed his management up this season.

he was almost dropped before the hawthorn game - kicked 3 in that game and kept his spot for the rest of the season. he was extremely disappointing and a consistent liability. as I said in my last post, I hope it was a one off but not dropping him, or if he was injured then it was quite obviously an injury which heavily restricted him then he shouldn't have been selected. whatever the case the club ****** his management up this season.

I agree..On review his management for 2014 was poor at best..

iam not advocating he be delisted as i still believe he has the tools to succeed, but a spell in the VFL with Mason Wood coming in is surely on the cards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back