Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Black didn't want to play In 2014. He wanted to go in for surgery on his shoulder. But the club "apparently" didn't have any cover even though wood was on the list.

So yea he got more games than he should have but let's not say it was him taking more than his due. It was the playing coaches decision.

It was laying a boot into Scott who had nothing to do with it.

Aaron was a grown adult by the time he got his first game. Brad saw something in him to start with. He fell off on his own and got rightly turfed.

But no, let's blame the coach for everything like we always do.

I'd suggest there are elements of both.

Scott continued to play him despite reduced returns and a need for surgery, I was not overly surprised he wound up with confidence issues.

Black didn't want to play In 2014. He wanted to go in for surgery on his shoulder. But the club "apparently" didn't have any cover even though wood was on the list.

So yea he got more games than he should have but let's not say it was him taking more than his due. It was the playing coaches decision.

That sounds like what the club did with Winston Abraham.

416103.jpg

Here's hoping Brad Scott has given him a kick up the arse to lose that 'poor me' attitude that reared it's ugly head last year. I still think he has massive upside and there is certainly a future for him at North if he can turn it around given the age of Drewie and Waite.

Here's hoping Brad Scott has given him a kick up the arse to lose that 'poor me' attitude that reared it's ugly head last year. I still think he has massive upside and there is certainly a future for him at North if he can turn it around given the age of Drewie and Waitie.
Fixed that for you.

Here's hoping Brad Scott has given him a kick up the arse to lose that 'poor me' attitude that reared it's ugly head last year. I still think he has massive upside and there is certainly a future for him at North if he can turn it around given the age of Drewie and Waite.

Apparently he still has that bad attitude...

Whoever posted that he complained about the training drills last week.
You mean the guy who said Black had a "droopy bottom lip"?
The same guy who constantly posts in this very thread about imaginary slights Black has caused him with his imaginary body language?

Or the claim he seemed "angry" during the drills. What does that even mean?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the guy who said Black had a "droopy bottom lip"?
The same guy who constantly posts in this very thread about imaginary slights Black has caused him with his imaginary body language?

Or the claim he seemed "angry" during the drills. What does that even mean?
I didn't recognise the pattern.

Well now that Black has admitted his bad attitude we can put that to rest and not make up excuses for him like some...

Hope he has a good year and fights his way into the 22.

Had it. Lost it.

Sounds like he's cooked. It happens.

Too late to give him a chance of scenery and swing him back?
He lost it when he was constantly playing with an injured shoulder two season ago. I've always been a fan of Brad but that has to be in the top 3 worst decisions he's made as coach. Completely shot Aarons confidence.

I remember in a loss to hawthorn at the MCG he was spectacular (his rookie year perhaps)- A running goal, crunching tackles, great leads. Was also arguably best on ground against Richmond one game that year too. Like Harper I stubbornly won't give up on him but now he's next to last in line for a seniors berth.

Sad to see, so much talent, I hope he can regain his best. I do totally agree, you don't play a lead up running forward like Black with shot shoulders, who could barely get his arms above his head, for an entire season. You bite the bullet and get them fixed early on, would hawthorn play Gunston with said injury for a season, I think not..

It wasn't a day for KP's I thought, was quite congested. When we redeveloped the ground didn't they lose part of a pocket? Wood was our best fwd the rest didn't do a great deal. I wouldn't be judging anyone's (poor) form on yesterdays outing.

Black was quite vocal there at one stage barking orders etc.

My take in a nutshell - a darn sight quicker is what we're planning on being.

A good run with injuries and top four is ours for the taking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back