Player Watch #7: Ben Lennon

Remove this Banner Ad

2.0. 100% goal kicking efficiency, set up McIntosh's goal in the 2nd. He is the only player in our forwardline I have total confidence in when having an easy shot.

Good signs, keep it up Benny.
Got a lot of it up and down the wings too
Can't wait for C Ellis to come back in and join him

He's frustrating to watch in a good kind of way. He oozes with talent, has the footy brain, but doesnt seem to want to get out of 1st gear. Maybe thats just his look and laconic style. Hes been a great addition over the last couple of games.

He's frustrating to watch in a good kind of way. He oozes with talent, has the footy brain, but doesnt seem to want to get out of 1st gear. Maybe thats just his look and laconic style. Hes been a great addition over the last couple of games.
It's just the way he plays.

He is the only player in our forwardline I have total confidence in when having an easy shot.
Same, with Vickery.

Should have hit an open Lids in the last though, instead of that hospital chip pass to Cotch. Just one of 22 blokes who cost us the game.

I honestly think this is just him, and it is a perception that leads to him getting alot of flak. He looks so relaxed, because he is generally a really composed player. I have no doubt he wants to make it with a burning passion, and Choco & Dimma wouldn't be suffering fools, so I think that in time his relaxed nature will play into our favour and not meltdown like Houli - who really does not like pressure. At all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lennon and C. Ellis are our future stars. They ooze class and skill. Need to be played in the senior team as much as possible. They both offer so much more than Gordon and Newman at this stage of our development.
Newman offers something Trash Gordon offers nothing

Same, with Vickery.

Should have hit an open Lids in the last though, instead of that hospital chip pass to Cotch. Just one of 22 blokes who cost us the game.

That was Lloyd wasnt it?

Newman has been poor for a while (by his own admission). He needed to do something to hold his position. Yes he played OK and kicked 2 goals but in the total development of our team he either has that as his minimum standard now or gets put into the seconds. He is lucky to be there.

Newman has been poor for a while (by his own admission). He needed to do something to hold his position. Yes he played OK and kicked 2 goals but in the total development of our team he either has that as his minimum standard now or gets put into the seconds. He is lucky to be there.
Lennon , McIntosh , Lambert , Lloyd , Miles all made their debut for us within the past two years . It is not as though the que is in the rack in regards to development .

Lennon , McIntosh , Lambert , Lloyd , Miles all made their debut for us within the past two years . It is not as though the que is in the rack in regards to development .
A few more as well:
Drummond
McBean
Menadue
C. Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back