Player Watch #7: Ben Lennon

Remove this Banner Ad

Good feeling knowning the younger lads (mcintosh, Lennon) are developing nicely with some continuity, Conca was more than handy, looks quicker, while we have silk and some lightning fast skinny second rounder racking em up in the magoos atm alongside McBean kicking plenty

There was one moment where we kicked it to him on 3 hawks and he competed and I think forced a stoppage.

I remember that. Was all class, and took more balls than I thought he had. I reckon I've sold him a bit short in the courage department. He's ballsy in the air and my god his skills are immaculate. That kick to Vickery was literally a centimetre perfect 50m kick.

played 'tall' in aerial contests last night didn't he?

As mentioned last week, a relaxed and confident set shot, which we are desperate for, but seems from last night that 50 m is just beyond him for now? (he had two shots at the PRE which seemed to fall short but I was at the other end..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned last week, a relaxed and confident set shot, which we are desperate for, but seems from last night that 50 m is just beyond him for now? (he had two shots at the PRE which seemed to fall short but I was at the other end..)

I thought it looked like he got too much height on it I reckon if he fixes that he'd make the distance easy

Loving his development - easily best 22 on form IMO. With the form that both he and lambo are showing at the moment, picking a 22 when sheds and maybe Hammer come back is becoming difficult... Real proof of our depth

Loving his development - easily best 22 on form IMO. With the form that both he and lambo are showing at the moment, picking a 22 when sheds and maybe Hammer come back is becoming difficult... Real proof of our depth
this. so bloody hard to get sheds back in, lambert is playing his role well. can we afford to let sheds get an extra weeks recovery?

His first kick in AFL was a goal from outside 50. Has no trouble with distance, was just a bit inaccurate from long range last night.

Some beautiful kicking on display last night. The one to Vickery has been mentioned, but the one to B. Ellis was almost equal with the C. Ellis to Lids kick. Just needs to get into the right spots to get involved in more chains of posession and his kicking will lead to multiple goals a game for us.

Loved his 50m dart on the wing to Ty in the 1st or 3rd (can't remember which but we were kicking to the left). Needs to back himself in like that more often because it's a joy to watch. Will GIF it when I get the chance.
The kick of the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back