Past 35. Ed Curnow

35 curnow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too but leaving my mind open to the fact he won't pick up where he left off. Let's just hope we are still thereabouts when he and Judd return to give the top 8 a shake.

With the eveness of the competition we are still in the hunt for finals. Massive test this week though. Gotta start like we did against Port, but keep it up for 4 quarters.

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Champion_Data said:
Not exactly what you're after, but Metres Gained Assisted = Metres Gained by a teammate after you get it to them uncontested.

Average metres assisted per game:
376 - G.Ablett
374 - S.Pendlebury
353 - J.Watson
341 - S.Thompson (Adelaide)
340 - B.Harvey
335 - E.Curnow
335 - K.Cornes
333 - D.Prestia
327 - M.Stokes
324 - C.Ward
324 - J.Kennedy (Sydney)

(29th) 297 - D.Heppell

Ed needs some lovin'.

One of our best tonight, getting even more of the ball, disposal has improved and relishes not having to be the hard tagger as much. Think he has grown a a foot taller having his brother in the team to learn from him.

Agree, think his brother being around has helped push him that little bit more and we know what a massive engine he has. He'll always have a moment of rough disposal or threaten to take out Qantas jets with some of his kicks out of packs, but everything else he does including massive two-way running makes most of the rest of our midfield look pretty silly.

I'm happy for him, he's a really really good type of person too.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Agree, think his brother being around has helped push him that little bit more and we know what a massive engine he has. He'll always have a moment of rough disposal or threaten to take out Qantas jets with some of his kicks out of packs, but everything else he does including massive two-way running makes most of the rest of our midfield look pretty silly.

I'm happy for him, he's a really really good type of person too.
Yep, well summed up. Can't ask for someone to work any harder and this year he's hitting targets with a lot more consistency. Not much else you could ask the guy to do! He is playing to his potential which is more than I could say about some other guys.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
He's also showing up because Boltss is letting him PLAY and he's one of the very few we have who can cover the ground fast enough for long enough.

In our team of one paced unfit plodders he looks like a cheetah in comparison .

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I am a massive fan of Ed. There is no-one at Carlton who works harder during games than this bloke. Even when we are getting hammered, he is still working flat out. The amount of territory he covers is amazing & he has worked so hard on the flaws in his game that he is now up there among our best talents.

He will be an important cog in the team when our current youngsters are fully up & running.

JaB's player ratings based on exposed form on field

1. Weitering
2. Cripps
3. Docherty
4. Ed Curnow
5. Tuohy

Much man love for Mr E.Curnow: Humble, team oriented, selfless and puts in 100% week in week out. Has been typecast as an ordinary worker - when in fact he is extraordinary on field.

JaB's player ratings based on exposed form on field

1. Weitering
2. Cripps
3. Docherty
4. Ed Curnow
5. Tuohy

Much man love for Mr E.Curnow: Humble, team oriented, selfless and puts in 100% week in week out. Has been typecast as an ordinary worker - when in fact he is extraordinary on field.

A three gamer ranked at #1? And a just 18yo KPP at that... F'ing crazy!

Not having a go at you JaB, instead just astonished at the awesomeness of our young JW.

As for Ed, I have always been a fan. His effort has never been questioned, but his disposal has been his biggest problem.

He has obviously been working on his disposal, but I think he would be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the faster-flowing nature of both the AFL in general and our new gameplan.

He wills himself to run all day and will rack up the possessions as a link-up man. In theory he should get the ball with a little bit more space and hopefully his targets have made more space, giving him more room for error. Hopefully having more runners in the team also means there should regularly be an easier option to handpass to a player running nearby, limiting the chance of a dodgy kick.

Back