• Position:​
    Forward
  • Games:​
  • Goals:​
  • Avg Kicks:​
  • Avg Marks:​
  • Avg Handballs:​
PLAYER ASSESSMENT

Strong-bodied medium midfielder who thrives on the inside and applies enormous amounts of pressure on the opposition. Displays clean hands under pressure and is a strong overhead mark. Versatile and can push forward if needed.

I like the boy!
Great size! Straight in the middle! Our very own Ollie Wines.

Watched the highlights! I'm in love! :hearts:

As a big midfielder he is at least the type of player we crave.

I've got pretty big question marks over guys like GHS, Schroder and Stringer so happy to add two mids to the list. I'll back Wells in that he has taken the right ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took a while to read his name out, anyone else get the impression we were contemplating taking Garlett and wondering whether this kid would still be there at 41?

Similarly looked like we were set to take Jones at 16 before Sydney came in for him.

Like to know the story there. Most years Geelong look very predetermined , this year not.

So although they were think on someone else I don't mind this pick. Just depends on how much he improves when in the system. But he is big and strong. If he gets fit fast he will pressure for a spot sometime in 2014. But his highlight package is not bad thats for sure.

Big fan of the way he plays. Quality big bodied midfielder with upside.
I posted weeks ago Jansan for this pick based on the film of him - I couldn't stop watching it and he had Wellsy pick written all over him- with the improvement left in him he will be another bargain pick providing he stays fit and builds up his tank. I think overall Wellsy has done it again. Great job. Love JK and Darcy Lang as well.

Here's the big- bodied midfielder many have been crying out for; Jansen already has a big frame and could conceivably play next year. But he looks pretty raw too, maybe lacks a bit of agility.

the disposal looked fair, bombed a nice goal from about 55m - and the marking should become a real asset, he gets his big body in front and looks capable in a one on one marking contest.

Best-case scenario : Anthony Koutoufides
Worst-case scenario : Carl Steinfort
;)

Was talking about him with Farmer 2 Goggin, same as Cripps but better overhead imo and a little quicker, thought we were going for Robertson but he went 1or2 earlier, they then readjusted their choice.

Nevertheless he's one of the big WA mids, the least talked up. Great get but I wish we had taken Dunstan or Acres before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back