Traded 35. Jarrad Jansen (2014-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with Gartlett and Geelong was that he did not fill a need in our team. I don't think we discounted him on behavioural issues, I don't think we ever were going to take a flashy flanker.

Thats nonsense mate-Gartlett is a highly skilled player and quick - i would have preferred him over Jansen

Gartlett played seniors for Swan Districts - where as Jansen has played colts- massive difference

My opinion - is come round one - Gartlett will be in Hawthorns starting 18 - and wont look out of place

This sudden love affair with monster midfielders - how bigs Selwood by the way - 5ft 11inc

Thats nonsense mate-Gartlett is a highly skilled player and quick - i would have preferred him over Jansen

Gartlett played seniors for Swan Districts - where as Jansen has played colts- massive difference

My opinion - is come round one - Gartlett will be in Hawthorns starting 18 - and wont look out of place

This sudden love affair with monster midfielders - how bigs Selwood by the way - 5ft 11inc

Yes he has skill and he is quick...
That covers a few players on many lists... and even the ones didn't even get drafted.
I'm glad you didn't say he was professional and dedicated.
Then i would have spilt my coffee.
The word Douche Bag comes to mind when I hear his name... rightly or wrongly.

Then you could say the same of Lang playing U18 while Dunstan and Acres played senior state footy, I dunno, guess they're picked on future potential not immediate, that's the way they've done it.

And by the way mate, have met and chatted with Wellsy, and ego and him don't belong in the same sentence. A very humble character to meet :thumbsu:

I played my first game of club U/16 footy lined up next to Wellsy. That was one or two years ago now but the memory is deeply etched in my brain. Ah yes, I can still see the back of Wells as he is running away from me with the ball.

Like that the lad has had experience playing as both a mid and a KPP, will be interesting to see how he develops along the journey.
Will he be used as a mid or perhaps as a KPP in the future?

Thats nonsense mate-Gartlett is a

And how big is Kennedy, Jobe, Dangerfield, Fyfe and Pendelbury. Because that's half of the top 10 midfielders in the league all sitting around 6'2. It's not mandatory to be huge but it sure helps.

When we were at our best we had Ling, Corey and Bartel all at the 6'2 mark. Ablett and Chapman shorter but weighing in at 90kg or so...it was Selwood that was the outlier and he's not exactly lightweight.

The issue with Gartlett and Geelong was that he did not fill a need in our team. I don't think we discounted him on behavioural issues, I don't think we ever were going to take a flashy flanker.

I'd have to check up on his stats for Swan Districts this year but certainly demonstrated he had an inside game at the Champs last year - averaged three clearances IIRC.

is he actually 194cm or is that a typo?

Surprised me too, but that's what the listing was in the HS for Kolodjashnij, 194.

Jansen was 193. They both might be typos, or absolutely just the latest detail on both.

At that age they can grow like spring beans some of these kids, so it changes within months.

So what is he really ? I read 192 cm - now I read from you 193 and then 194 cm.

I would really like him to be 194 cm as that is 1 cm taller than Taylor and only 3 cm shorter than Lonergan, and 2 cm taller than Scarlett.

Maybe he will be more of Mackie type player but if he is 194 cm and grows 1 cm more and fills out you have a possible KPB available.

As above, and just checked in the HS again those two being correct, well correct as listed.

Interesting Lang is listed as 183 too, which is 2 cm higher than on the AFL site too.

Might be right there on Garlett but just a highlights reel, and wrong thread but Darcy Lang looking at how he kicked some of his goals round his body and found space in the F50 and has a bit of toe and skill, won't surprise me if he starts his career as a rookie as a bit of a flashy HF flanker in a few games next year!

Jansen - hope he becomes a superstar at Geelong obviously - but from an article in todays West Australian it shows he is coming from a fair way back

" I thought i might be in with half a chance with one of the picks in the 40s- either West Coast or Nth Melb. I had only had a half hour interview with Geelong at the draft combine "

" I was feeling a bit flat about footy at the start of the 2012 season and it took me a while to get a game with the colts - i finally got my opportunity halfway through the season "

" I would have liked to have played a bit better in the 18s carnival - i was a bit inconsistent but i was over the moon with how i played with the East Fremantle Colts "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

47th pick in 1999 draft, 5 x AA, 3 x premiership champ, 2 x B&F winner, 3 x coaches award, 266 games...what more can you say!

GOAT. (for Cats CHB anyway)

GO Catters

Still yet to see them in the hoops (we will on Tuesday, along with Jumper numbers), but this is better than nothing!

1479503_724716237558188_566329284_n.jpg

Still yet to see them in the hoops (we will on Tuesday, along with Jumper numbers), but this is better than nothing!

1479503_724716237558188_566329284_n.jpg
Who is familiar with jumper allocation... is it order of draft or aligning the pick with the the 'prestige' of the former holder...

So say 8 for Lang, 11 for the Corey clone and 31 for JK? If it comes down to draft order....

Who is familiar with jumper allocation... is it order of draft or aligning the pick with the the 'prestige' of the former holder...

So say 8 for Lang, 11 for the Corey clone and 31 for JK? If it comes down to draft order....

I've always thought the players get a decent amount of a say. The club will say to them (only guessing here) '8, 11, etc. etc. etc. are all available, X is off limits (for whatever reason). Lang will pipe up and say 'I wore 8 as a junior, I'd love that'. Jansen might say 'I model my game on Joel Corey, I'd love 11'. Gysenn will turn up out of the blue and say 'Dutchy will look great in 12, make it happen'.

Just quietly... I think those numbers (coincidentally in the order they were drafted) suit each player perfectly!

I've always thought the players get a decent amount of a say. The club will say to them (only guessing here) '8, 11, etc. etc. etc. are all available, X is off limits (for whatever reason). Lang will pipe up and say 'I wore 8 as a junior, I'd love that'. Jansen might say 'I model my game on Joel Corey, I'd love 11'. Gysenn will turn up out of the blue and say 'Dutchy will look great in 12, make it happen'.

Just quietly... I think those numbers (coincidentally in the order they were drafted) suit each player perfectly!
Initially I don't think the players get much say... i know SJ knows more than I do about it... but players get a say down the track with changing numbers etc..

And oh yeah 12... whoops.. forgot about Westy :oops:

I'd like to see the 35 get used by someone that isn't a rookie... i know someone that used to post here on twitter has been big on Burbs taking it over... for some reason I don't like that either

Did 29 previously belong to somebody of note? :confused:

Cam Guthrie has made it his own, as far as I'm concerned.

no one important, just had a bald head, bout 5ft'11, explosive, makes time stand still whenever he has the ball and currently has a bank balance of around 3.3 million (give or take a couple hundred thousand)....sound familiar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back