Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope that footage is shown to the group a few times, Marty trailed in yes, but we had no one between the goals and the pack. Bags was in a bit of no mans land (he was guarding the open space in front of goal i guess).

Few lessons to be learned in that last 50 seconds.
Na there was a player to the left of bags.

He was obviously shot. His disappointment even though we had won is what i liked to see.

I think it was Stanton who shouldve checked breust coming through however he was tossing up whether to impact the marking contest and help out or not. Late decision he went to impact the contest.

On a side not been very impressed with Gleeson in the first 2 rounds. Certainly adequate backup for Dempsey hes going to be an elite halfback flank who i think will eventually become an onballer in a couple years. A wiry/elusive one

Pretty sure there is no chance of that happening if Fletch were on the park - how many times has Dusty saved the game for us in similar circumstances? A sneaky fist in here, a desperate lunge there, or just standing in the right spot.

Fletch would have punched the ball 10 rows into the grandstand.

Must have a bet with a mate that one day he'll be able to complete a successful fend off. Needs to go to the VFL for a week and start to take the first decent option he sees rather than getting himself in trouble and firing off a last-gasp handball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His uncle played for Carlton lol didnt they try to get him but said no?
Adrian played for Carlton and was in the 1987 premiership team but missed out in 1995.

I don't think Marty said no to Carlton though...?

Actually, Gleeson's uncle was Adrian Gleeson of Carlton who played in the 80's and 90's. Adrian Gleeson was powerfully built for a rover the complete opposite to Marty.

Pretty sure Doss mentioned that about 4 posts up.

Pretty sure Doss mentioned that about 4 posts up.

Yeah - But i clearly enunciated there is a complete body difference between Adrian and Martin - Thought tit was important to point this out seeing that we are concerned about Marty being a stick-man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back