Retired 36. Bradley Hartman (2013- 2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
even more excited now w what could be ahead :) the name was familiar n on digging a lil deeper young hartman is my uncles n aunties nephew :D and my uncle played over 200+ games for sturt during the 'decade of decadance' of the 60's n 70's under jack oatey....:D chuffed

:thumbsu:
do you mind if I ask what your uncle's name was?

I'd imagine he'd be a pretty damn good footballer in his own right, having looked into it myself...Sturt won an incredible 7 premierships in 11 years and that was in the 60's/70's.

:thumbsu:
do you mind if I ask what your uncle's name was?

I'd imagine he'd be a pretty damn good footballer in his own right, having looked into it myself...Sturt won an incredible 7 premierships in 11 years and that was in the 60's/70's.
although he was second rover, he is highly respected by all is premiership and past sturt players

Those highlights were pretty impressive even if it's only the underage comp. When he goes for overhead marks his arms seem to go on forever and he takes the ball far higher than you think he's going to. He looks like he'd play the 3rd tall role and really stretch a medium defender for marking ability. Give him a couple of years in the VFL to develop his game and see what he can become.

Did anyone happen to watch the Indigenous All Stars v Richmond last night? I saw that Brad was listed as playing and I was wondering if he did in fact end up playing, and how he went?

I have asked that same question twice on TOTAL FOOTY and it seems no one took any interest in it.

The report on the AFL website was no help either, none of the Geelong players got a mention. I guess the good thing about that must be it's safe to assume they at least didn't get injured .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did hear O'Loughlin speak after the game and he's an impressive bloke, speaks with great passion and I hope he gets a shot a coaching at the highest level if that's what he chooses.
Absolute champion of a player and by all accounts, champion bloke as well.

For one who's only now just turned 18yrs and without playing any games at all, to be given this honor as potential ability recognised, is a credit to the assute talent ID of Steven Wells and others.
I believe the young man is well liked and enjoys Geelong.
Carn't wait to see him perform in the VFL.

Unfortunately I don't have 3 hours to spare, otherwise I'd gladly watch it. Did you happen to watch any of the game HTR? And if so, how did our Geelong boys go, Hartman in particular?

I watched it and didn't sight Hartman at all. Not even sure he ended up getting a run. Motlop played but was very quite.

I watched it and didn't sight Hartman at all. Not even sure he ended up getting a run. Motlop played but was very quite.
Thanks man. I take it Bundy didn't play either? He was also listed as playing, but these sorts of exhibition matches you just never know who is going to pull up the socks or pull out at the last minute.

Unfortunately I don't have 3 hours to spare, otherwise I'd gladly watch it. Did you happen to watch any of the game HTR? And if so, how did our Geelong boys go, Hartman in particular?
I watched most of the first half and skimmed through the second. Didn't spot a cat. Extremely boring production to sit through, considering the pre-game hype. Actually glad our boys were spectators, on and off the ground.

Thanks man. I take it Bundy didn't play either? He was also listed as playing, but these sorts of exhibition matches you just never know who is going to pull up the socks or pull out at the last minute.

No Bundy flew home before the game. Not sure why.

I watched most of the first half and skimmed through the second. Didn't spot a cat. Extremely boring production to sit through, considering the pre-game hype. Actually glad our boys were spectators, on and off the ground.

I concur with your last statement, but the honour given to Brad at this initial stage of his career, has already set a very high standard for him to aim for. The motivation and incentive would be huge.

I believe we might have struck gold here, but as always, time will tell.

I concur with your last statement, but the honour given to Brad at this initial stage of his career, has already set a very high standard for him to aim for. The motivation and incentive would be huge.

I believe we might have struck gold here, but as always, time will tell.
Who of all the Indigenous AFL listed players would Brad have pipped by being selected? I'm not trying to discredit Brad's honour here, nor am I trying to pick at what you're saying because I agree that it is a huge honour that Brad was selected, but I'm just trying to think of many other indigenous player altogether. It seems to me that the Indigenous All Stars team is just an Indigenous team as the Indigenous players total the amount of a team and not much more. By saying that though, they still make one hell of a side, even with their star omissions!

There were 33 in the squad, the match coincided with the AFL Players’ Association Indigenous Camp, involving 60 Indigenous AFL players from across the AFL..

Ok, looks like it was a bit of a show, nevertheless this should serve him well.....Bundy didn't get a run either so no matter, will no doubt inspire.
I'm hoping he'll turn out to be our Michael O'Laughlin of the forwardline in future.
The size and talent set are there, according to Steve Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back