Delisted #36: Lauchlan Dalgleish

Remove this Banner Ad

Dalgleish is going OK - Doesn't read the ball as well as I would like, but if he can lock down on a player, and attack when necessary, then he should play senior footy in 2015.

Dalgleish is going OK - Doesn't read the ball as well as I would like, but if he can lock down on a player, and attack when necessary, then he should play senior footy in 2015.
I'm hoping it's more to do with him missing a big chunk of football last year. Hopefully with a few more games under his belt that part of his game will improve.

I'm hoping it's more to do with him missing a big chunk of football last year. Hopefully with a few more games under his belt that part of his game will improve.

Have to agree with you both here. Saw some good signs in the GWS game that he was at least getting to the right positions to get the ball. Pre empting where the ball was was never his strong suit tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was never a strength in his game. Pretty sure if you go back to the start of the thread you'll read that he tended to drift in games. Remember, a guy with top of the line elite pace and kicking fell all the way to the rookie draft so he had deficiencies.

He is definitely improving on game nous but it was never really a strength.

Well it gets back to what Zephyr Effekt has been saying.

Players should be developed in a number of roles. Ken is developing the defensive nous so that he is a viable selection for both roles as a small defender.

His attributes are definitely suited to playing on a wing and, in time, he may find himself there but like so many of our players he's doing his apprenticeship in defence (probably to learn the defensive side of the game).

Well it gets back to what Zephyr Effekt has been saying.

Players should be developed in a number of roles. Ken is developing the defensive nous so that he is a viable selection for both roles as a small defender.

His attributes are definitely suited to playing on a wing and, in time, he may find himself there but like so many of our players he's doing his apprenticeship in defence (probably to learn the defensive side of the game).

Sometimes a player is best suited to one position, and one position only. See Ekav, NOB,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solid back up to Baguley? Please... Not even on the same planet as Baguley..

Dalgleish has shown enough to suggest he can be an effective AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today i saw that sprinter in him. Well finished lad. Looks like he's gotten better gradually over the last few games :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back