Delisted #36: Lauchlan Dalgleish

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously only 9 possessions or is that an error on the AFL site?

Have to be one of the most prolific and best 9 possession games. He should absolutely be playing round 1 if Dempsey isn't right to go (and quite possibly should be playing anyway). He is a better defender than Gleeson and Ashby in all aspects except for reading the ball in the air (and it is something that every other defender we play is exceptional at).

I'm actually not particularly impressed with Ashby. He understands the game very well but his disposal is very ordinary and he's has no stand out attributes.

Ken is currently fourth choice small defender as far as I'm concerned. If I want more of a counter attacking half back, I'd choose Gleeson.

Oh, any by the way, was not running at full pace at any point when he kicked that goal.

I know its only NAB cup BUT - what a great run and goal...!!!

Don't get too excited, I just found out he cheated

Essendon officials almost had to bring an oxygen tank to the interchange bench after young gun Lauchlan Dalgleish set Etihad Stadium alight during his team’s clash with Melbourne on Thursday night.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/vi...in-nab-challenge/story-fndv8gad-1227271937172

ASADA/WADA/AFL and other interested parties inc HTB to investigate, possible disqualification and sanctions will apply.

Purple Warrior and Caro to chair investigation panel, Andrew Demetriou to defend the accused.

James Hird to be charged with match fixing.

I'm actually not particularly impressed with Ashby. He understands the game very well but his disposal is very ordinary and he's has no stand out attributes.

That's a bit harsh on Asby imo. I think his disposal isn't bad he just hasn't quite gotten used to the pace of the game. It's also hard to compare he and Dalgleish as defenders based on that game seeing as Ashby was pinch hitting as KPP for the majority of the game.

As for Gleeson he'll be moved into the midfield sooner rather than later imo.

That's a bit harsh on Asby imo. I think his disposal isn't bad he just hasn't quite gotten used to the pace of the game. It's also hard to compare he and Dalgleish as defenders based on that game seeing as Ashby was pinch hitting as KPP for the majority of the game.

As for Gleeson he'll be moved into the midfield sooner rather than later imo.

He is an impact neutral player at this stage. For every good bit of play he turns the ball over or gets worked over by an opponent going back to goal.

Dalgleish is going to be a star. He has genuine high speed (won the Terang Gift) and his disposal is classy.

Ashby and Fantasia are also impressive. All 3 play in the Port Adelaide style. Run them off their legs and catch us if you can.

This was the Matthew Knights style. Only difference now is that they have solid defense and some real stars around them.

Have to be one of the most prolific and best 9 possession games. He should absolutely be playing round 1 if Dempsey isn't right to go (and quite possibly should be playing anyway). He is a better defender than Gleeson and Ashby in all aspects except for reading the ball in the air (and it is something that every other defender we play is exceptional at).

Ken is currently fourth choice small defender as far as I'm concerned. If I want more of a counter attacking half back, I'd choose Gleeson.

Oh, any by the way, was not running at full pace at any point when he kicked that goal.
Would have to be the best 9 since Rob Quiney! ;)

He is an impact neutral player at this stage. For every good bit of play he turns the ball over or gets worked over by an opponent going back to goal.

I agree with you BrunoV, Ashby & his bloody clangers.

He actually reminds me of Andy Lovett.
Same.... also similar to Jetta and Rohan (Sydney) and 3-4 Port Adelaide guys. He also reminds me of Ricky Barham (ex Collingwood) because of the moustache combined with the speed.

His dash changed the Bombers from being a side simply going through the motions to being a side that truly believed they could win the game.

Dalgleish won the 120-metre Terang Gift in 12.25 not many guys are going to catch him running at that speed... and he has the poise to finish as well.

If he could do this a few times a game rather than just once, he could tear a game to shreds.

I think he is better suited to the wing than on half back, although half back will give him good training in accountability.

Have to be one of the most prolific and best 9 possession games.
Up until THAT goal Lauchy was actually having a bit of a shocker. He definitely lifted to a much greater level on the confidence from that run and played out the rest of the match well.

From a full game effort I think the week before was a much better match for him.

I don't think he has built the endurance for midfield yet.

If When he plays this year, it will be from half back.
True.... he didn't feature in top 10 time trial despite being good enough to be a serious runner...

Armbrose looks to be a serious athlete with a high work ethic. Interesting seeing Kavagnah, O'Brien, J Merrett, Steinberg

2km Time Trial Top Ten
Patrick Ambrose
Elliott Kavanagh
Brent Stanton
Nick O’Brien
Jackson Merrett
Ariel Steinberg
Orazio Fantasia
Jake Melksham
David Zaharakis
Dyson Heppell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still had the composure to actually kick a drop punt. Matt Whites was a floater if I'd ever seen one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's because he wasn't tired and could have turned around and run all the way back to the other goal. As Bruno said, he never really kicked it into top gear, having said that I've never seen him run that fast for any length of time with the ball before

It's because he wasn't tired and could have turned around and run all the way back to the other goal. As Bruno said, he never really kicked it into top gear, having said that I've never seen him run that fast for any length of time with the ball before

Did it at Windy Hill one game maybe two years ago (pre Achilles) that left us all go "WOW". Took maybe 5 bounces that day too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some guys can run like the wind and get the wobbles up when they have to deliver.

This guy not only kicked the goal with absolute ease but followed up making up with a 25 meter intercept at full pace to steal the ball and kick the match winner.

I swear he is a lot quicker then what he has shown in the last 3 NAB games. Which is scary to think about.

You also need to consider the fact that he no longer training for pure speed which obviously would slow him down a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back