Delisted #36: Lauchlan Dalgleish

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm going to skim through the last two games.

Someone in a thread said that he has not done enough to warrant round 1 selection. My impression of the last two weeks is that he has been rock solid defensively.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
The AFL top ten plays from the NAB challenge had his goal at number 1!!!

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
He says his fastest is 10 secs over 100 meters in this

10 seconds for the 100 metres would make you the quickest bloke in Australia and then some. Very, very few Australian athletes have gone near that. Still anything around 11 makes you a fair athlete.

He did say "about" and he looked like he was looking for an answer pretty quickly where he didn't have to explain too much. Looks like a humble bloke.

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
10 seconds for the 100 metres would make you the quickest bloke in Australia and then some. Very, very few Australian athletes have gone near that. Still anything around 11 makes you a fair athlete.

He did say "about" and he looked like he was looking for an answer pretty quickly where he didn't have to explain too much. Looks like a humble bloke.

Maybe. Jack Hale is 16 years old and he is running close to ten.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...ias-fastest-runner-wants-olympic-gold/5767112

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
can Colyer and Dalgleish play in the same side?
Bloody oath they can! Can any opposition team contain them both would be a better question :p

But seriously, if Colyer maintains his 2014 form, and Dal is pushing enough where this question needs to be asked, then not only can they both play on the same team, with the both of them playing it will fill a massive hole in our current side. Although I think Dal is a little way off Colyers 2014 form.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Maybe. Jack Hale is 16 years old and he is running close to ten.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...ias-fastest-runner-wants-olympic-gold/5767112
Hes still doing 10.42 with legal winds. Along way off.

Its good to know we have speedsters like Dalgleish and Edwards on the sidelines of our best 22 if we are too slow.

People seem to think we have only got Colyer.

But we actually have Colyer, Cooney, Dempsey, Winderlich who possess really good speed. We need all firing close to their best and we have a serious team going. Would still like to see Winderlich off the wing/halfback a bit more this year he was really important across half back last year in games. I know his body might struggle with it but no more than forward IMO.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Its good to know we have speedsters like Dalgleish and Edwards on the sidelines of our best 22 if we are too slow.

But we actually have Colyer, Cooney, Dempsey, Winderlich who possess really good speed. We need all firing close to their best and we have a serious team going. Would still like to see Winderlich off the wing/halfback a bit more this year he was really important across half back last year in games. I know his body might struggle with it but no more than forward IMO.
Not to labour the point as I was actually surprised myself. Steven Brimacombe won the Stawell Gift, the Bay Sheffield, was 3 times national 200 metre champion, made the Commonwealth Games 200 metre final, just missed out on the Olympic 200 metre final in 1996, and his best time for 100 metres was only 10.28 seconds.
Recently (in the last 2 or 3 years) Josh Ross has gone a fair bit quicker and this Hale looks one out of the box but it goes to show just how gifted these Olympic sprinters are, even if they are on the gear.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Not to labour the point as I was actually surprised myself. Steven Brimacombe won the Stawell Gift, the Bay Sheffield, was 3 times national 200 metre champion, made the Commonwealth Games 200 metre final, just missed out on the Olympic 200 metre final in 1996, and his best time for 100 metres was only 10.28 seconds.
Recently (in the last 2 or 3 years) Josh Ross has gone a fair bit quicker and this Hale looks one out of the box but it goes to show just how gifted these Olympic sprinters are, even if they are on the gear.
Plenty of 16/17 year olds run in the 10.4s

I think everyones getting a little ahead of themselves with him. If IIRC the guy who came 2nd in the race he ran 10.13 the 2nd guy ran 10.18.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Plenty of 16/17 year olds run in the 10.4s

I think everyones getting a little ahead of themselves with him. If IIRC the guy who came 2nd in the race he ran 10.13 the 2nd guy ran 10.18.
Without turning it into a sprinting thread that 10:13 was actually with an illegal tailwind as well and so his record stands at 10:42. Still quick for a 17 year old. We have been spoilt of late with three of the greatest Ozzie sprinters ever running in our generation; namely Ross, Patrick Johnson, and Shirvington all hovering around 10 seconds. But even over the last few years the odd national title has been won by guys running over 10:2 and 10:3. (Sounds funny but a long way from ten).

I was a pro sprinter back in the day and if you were told that some bloke in your heat was running mid tens you knew you were in for a tough day at the office(whatever his mark).I also saw a few 15, 16, 17 year old child prodigies hit the wall or barely improve as they got older.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Without turning it into a sprinting thread that 10:13 was actually with an illegal tailwind as well and so his record stands at 10:42. Still quick for a 17 year old. We have been spoilt of late with three of the greatest Ozzie sprinters ever running in our generation; namely Ross, Patrick Johnson, and Shirvington all hovering around 10 seconds. But even over the last few years the odd national title has been won by guys running over 10:2 and 10:3. (Sounds funny but a long way from ten).

I was a pro sprinter back in the day and if you were told that some bloke in your heat was running mid tens you knew you were in for a tough day at the office(whatever his mark).I also saw a few 15, 16, 17 year old child prodigies hit the wall or barely improve as they got older.
I think you just said everything ive been saying

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought the addition of Cooney added some much need dash and started to re-address the balance of our inside/outside mids - still think we are one runner short though.

Would love to see Dalgleish come in for Myers......anyone know how he went in VFL on weekend?

Autobahn

Cancelled
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jeremy Cameron
Thought the addition of Cooney added some much need dash and started to re-address the balance of our inside/outside mids - still think we are one runner short though.

Would love to see Dalgleish come in for Myers......anyone know how he went in VFL on weekend?
A run down from a BB member on yesterday's game:

We ran out 7 goal winners, my best players for the day were:

KAV!, Gwilt, Edwards, McKennna, McKernan, Jerrett

Notes on players;

10.NOB - Usual output, collected possessions, not too damaging.

15. Demps - Slow start, ball use was conservative, backwards and sideway kicking and handballing, as game went on he got hes run happening. Id say needs 1 - 2 games to push for afl footy.

19. Edwards - Really liked hes game, much more involved, used hes speed and link running, could have kicked a few snags if more accurate.

20. J Merrett - didnt do a lot early but prominent in the 2nd half on the wing, ran hard and did the defensive running.

24. Browne - Solid without shinning, played half back, will be better for the run.

25. Stein - Played back, got better as game went on, usually intercepting marks, he and gwilt worked well.

27. Giles - Tigers ruck wasnt much chop as Vickery went down early, won hit outs when he was in the ruck, kicked a goal in the last. Not outstanding, feel McKernan is in front of him atm.

28. Kav - completely dominated in the first half kicked 3 through hes hard running and front and centre work. Quieter in the 2nd, not sure if tigers tagged him in the 2nd. Good game, this is what he needs to do if he wants to play 1s.

33. Laverde - Did some nice things, has class and a nice shoe, stilling finding hes feet. played mainly fwd.

34. Long- has the skills but lite body, did some things that make you think he could be special. yr in the vfl beacons for development.

36. Dalglish - was expecting a bit more, was solid enough, just didnt get enough of it, played back flank.

41. Hams - good hit out first up, worked hard insie packs and got some outside ball late. needs more muscle to make it as a inside mid at afl level.

42. Gwilt - dominated 1st half, intercepted, rebounded defended. was great. 2nd best for me. when fletch misses for afl gwilt will not let us down.

44. McKernan - best ruckman on the ground, won alot of taps and kicked a nice goal after a great mark in the last. our 2nd best ruck i feel.

45. McKenna - the biggest surprise for me. He was great kicked 3 goals, some great marks in the fwd line, sticky hands. Only thing stopping him making it at afl level will be homesickness.

46. Fantasia - Was classy but quite, worked hard but others stood out more.

5-6 Vfl players played, best out of them were Muscles, Hardy, Tippa and Coghlan.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
A run down from a BB member on yesterday's game:

We ran out 7 goal winners, my best players for the day were:

KAV!, Gwilt, Edwards, McKennna, McKernan, Jerrett

Notes on players;

10.NOB - Usual output, collected possessions, not too damaging.

15. Demps - Slow start, ball use was conservative, backwards and sideway kicking and handballing, as game went on he got hes run happening. Id say needs 1 - 2 games to push for afl footy.

19. Edwards - Really liked hes game, much more involved, used hes speed and link running, could have kicked a few snags if more accurate.

20. J Merrett - didnt do a lot early but prominent in the 2nd half on the wing, ran hard and did the defensive running.

24. Browne - Solid without shinning, played half back, will be better for the run.

25. Stein - Played back, got better as game went on, usually intercepting marks, he and gwilt worked well.

27. Giles - Tigers ruck wasnt much chop as Vickery went down early, won hit outs when he was in the ruck, kicked a goal in the last. Not outstanding, feel McKernan is in front of him atm.

28. Kav - completely dominated in the first half kicked 3 through hes hard running and front and centre work. Quieter in the 2nd, not sure if tigers tagged him in the 2nd. Good game, this is what he needs to do if he wants to play 1s.

33. Laverde - Did some nice things, has class and a nice shoe, stilling finding hes feet. played mainly fwd.

34. Long- has the skills but lite body, did some things that make you think he could be special. yr in the vfl beacons for development.

36. Dalglish - was expecting a bit more, was solid enough, just didnt get enough of it, played back flank.

41. Hams - good hit out first up, worked hard insie packs and got some outside ball late. needs more muscle to make it as a inside mid at afl level.

42. Gwilt - dominated 1st half, intercepted, rebounded defended. was great. 2nd best for me. when fletch misses for afl gwilt will not let us down.

44. McKernan - best ruckman on the ground, won alot of taps and kicked a nice goal after a great mark in the last. our 2nd best ruck i feel.

45. McKenna - the biggest surprise for me. He was great kicked 3 goals, some great marks in the fwd line, sticky hands. Only thing stopping him making it at afl level will be homesickness.

46. Fantasia - Was classy but quite, worked hard but others stood out more.

5-6 Vfl players played, best out of them were Muscles, Hardy, Tippa and Coghlan.
Ta - have this feeling he's one of those guys who will play better at AFL than VFL level. Plays better with better players around him.

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

We need players who break lines forward of centre.
Colyer does that, Cooney does to an extent but IMO he plays quite a bit differently, Dempsey can and I can't remember the last time Winderlich did that for us (plus he may not ever play for us again).

Back