Past Daniel Gorringe

Remove this Banner Ad

No problems with him as a player but what it does say is that Carlton have absolutely no faith in Kruezer's ability to stay on the field cos we now have Kruezer, Phillips, Wood, Gorringe and Korcheck as well.
One of them will have to develop as a key forward otherwise we will lose them through lack of opportunity.
Hopefully Gorringe will be that forward convert.

My thoughts exactly !!!

Well done to him on finding a new home for a second chance, I was dead keen on getting him over to Port last year - he has a huge upside and is a definite upgrade for Wood in your ruck pool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Think you have wrong info there...
From Port CEO Keith Thomas ...
“We understand that Dan is disappointed but let’s get one thing straight, we do not lie; that is not the way our club does business,” Thomas said.
“We did make it clear to his manager during the trade period that we were keen to get him here to Port Adelaide and we don’t shy away from that.
“We tried to do everything we could to get the deal done. Right up until the absolute deadline we were fighting tooth and nail to try to make it happen.
“Unfortunately the nature of trade period is unpredictable and erratic and we were simply unable to get the deal done in the end.
“Despite the uncertainty we kept Dan’s management team well informed through the entire process and share Dan’s disappointment that he won’t be at Port Adelaide next season.”
Surely if there was no animosity towards the way you treated him, he would have come back this season as a DFA....you guys would have traded Lobbe for one of the many good offers on the table, and picked up Gorringe for nothing.

Surely if there was no animosity towards the way you treated him, he would have come back this season as a DFA....you guys would have traded Lobbe for one of the many good offers on the table, and picked up Gorringe for nothing.
There is no way Port would have picked him up this year after his, and his fathers dummy spit on Facebook. Will leave it at that.
Lobbe did not want to leave Port.

By the way..........Welcome DaGo. :) ....or if we drop in that silent 'j' he can be Django .........Unchain the man

Nice one, Harks. Reason to hope for the return of the 'Dago Blues'?

There is no way Port would have picked him up this year after his, and his fathers dummy spit on Facebook. Will leave it at that.
Lobbe did not want to leave Port.
So what was the dummy spit about if there was no animosity......

RF, I see your av and raise you a...

View attachment 192082
Yeah, we studied that back in year 8 science class.
seo-evolution.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do alot better when our no.1 ruckman rucks most of the day, as Kreuzer and Wood prefer to do, with the odd relief from Casboult. We are a much more mobile side and I think a better side. Once we have two ruckman both become alot less effective as none of then are any good up forward when taking a break. I see no reason to change. We have 3 ruckmen plus Casboult on the list. Why another?
Why because the above hasn't exactly worked for us has it...change of direction is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back