Past Daniel Gorringe

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody BF freezing on me.

Thought you had a new missus. We don't want to be hearing that you've got BF issues.

Think you have wrong info there...
From Port CEO Keith Thomas ...
“We understand that Dan is disappointed but let’s get one thing straight, we do not lie; that is not the way our club does business,” Thomas said.
“We did make it clear to his manager during the trade period that we were keen to get him here to Port Adelaide and we don’t shy away from that.
“We tried to do everything we could to get the deal done. Right up until the absolute deadline we were fighting tooth and nail to try to make it happen.
“Unfortunately the nature of trade period is unpredictable and erratic and we were simply unable to get the deal done in the end.
“Despite the uncertainty we kept Dan’s management team well informed through the entire process and share Dan’s disappointment that he won’t be at Port Adelaide next season.”

A few Port Members were unhappy that a deal could not be done..

I hope he fits in well with Carlton and becomes a good player.. will watch with interest..
From Daniel Gorringe Himself:

“They let me down,” Gorringe told The Advertiser yesterday.

“Port Adelaide did promise things to me — and I don’t like being lied to.

“I’m disgusted — and embarrassed — particularly when I fulfilled my end of the bargain, 100 per cent.”

“It is hard for me to see myself in Port Adelaide colours now,” Gorringe said.

“The trust with the club is broken. It is going to be very hard to rebuild that. I’m disgusted — so is my manager.”

Also from the Hun:

Gorringe had been courted by Port and coach Ken Hinkley from as early as March, with Hinkley keen to bring the 22-year-old across after working with him while he was at the Suns.

Hmm - problem with that is that there is no consistency with the ruck/midfield division so it will make it harder for them to play as a team.
Also puts us back to square one if they are continually only short term options, ie trade a bloke that played for eg 8 -10 games and go for a 18 yo that is new to the system.
I understand what you are saying but I still think that either Kruezer, Gorringe or Phillips will eventually have to spend more time in the forward line.

Edit - add to that that both Phillips and Gorringe are looking for more opportunity so they won't want to hang around in the VFL.
Writing is on the wall for Wood though.
I would think it's more insurance for the forward line as we missed out on Tomlinson in case Casboult gets injured as he was carrying a knee last year for a bit if he goes down Kruezer goes forward and phillips and gorringe hold the ruck spot . I like it and even better their both young with possible improvement to come . Also rapt to see Holman training at the club .

Interesting one that.

I feel that Casboult does a great job as a pinch-hitting ruck-man and affords us more flexibility.
Gorringe will need to have a few strings to his bow before he can usurp or indeed function in the same set-up.

By the way..........Welcome DaGo. :) ....or if we drop in that silent 'j' he can be Django .........Unchain the man

I respectfully submit an alternative nickname - "Agent".

Interesting article about Gorringe being dropped.

So he went from being BOG to being dropped a week later.

Seems to me Port sweet talked him. He may have played out the season in self preservation mode a la Yarran. Deal doesn't get done. He is stuck with the Suns and out of favour due to trying to leave and here we are.

He may have better form not realised but may have dropped his bundle at some point as well. Let's hope the new Carlton environment brings out the former.

Something our Viet fans will heartily embrace no doubt.
Our Dutch fans like a bit of orange Gorringe?

article-0-0187BA1F00000578-277_468x303.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me Port sweet talked him. He may have played out the season in self preservation mode a la Yarran. Deal doesn't get done. He is stuck with the Suns and out of favour due to trying to leave and here we are.

He may have better form not realised but may have dropped his bundle at some point as well. Let's hope the new Carlton environment brings out the former.
He was dirty at both clubs for failing to do a deal. Port changed its focus when Ryder became available. I don't think you can fault their strategy consequently any promises made to Gorringe became more difficult to deliver. GCS could have been more accommodating in discussions, adding to his frustration. Suspect your comment on self preservation stems from these disappointments. We've picked him up on the cheap...bonus.

Okay, I asked someone I know who has good contacts at the gold coast about Gorringe.

In summation: Is an amazing athlete. One of the top runners at the club which for his size is something special and is fantastic on the training track.
But apparently has very little game sense.

Hopefully with our new educational policy, he can be taught.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back