Past Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

s6n8td.jpg

21 possessions, 8 clearances, 7 tackles and in the best players today. Great stuff :thumbsu:

Seems to be playing well & getting decent raps from those that have seen him.

What were the weaknesses/concerns to drop him to a rookie selection does anyone know - or perhaps, what areas does he need to improve upon to push for senior selection next year?

Seems to be playing well & getting decent raps from those that have seen him.

What were the weaknesses/concerns to drop him to a rookie selection does anyone know - or perhaps, what areas does he need to improve upon to push for senior selection next year?

I'm pretty sure he missed a year of football in his mid-late teens because he went overseas and therefore slipped down the order a fair way.

Seems to be playing himself into some reasonably good form. Should be retained on the rookie list for another seson and from there - who knows.

As has been said, it will be tough for him to get a game with the quality midfield we have. However, Cachia and Curnow are two guys that I am really excited about. Both are tough-nut, hard, inside midfielders who hopefully can get a shot in the seniors. It would really help out guys like Judd and McLean, who both work so hard to win the contested ball.

From TC

bondiblue said:
Having watched him train on the 6th of Jan, I am still convinced this kid will make it.
I said as much this time last year, and he hasn't failed to further excite me this year.

Tough, uncompromising and I really liked his disposal by hand and foot.
His supposed weakness, his decision making, looked sharp in the competitive drills.

Has a good voice on him, and is obviously comfortable out there with all the seniors and no doubt determined to make the grade and be noticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As has been said, it will be tough for him to get a game with the quality midfield we have. However, Cachia and Curnow are two guys that I am really excited about. Both are tough-nut, hard, inside midfielders who hopefully can get a shot in the seniors. It would really help out guys like Judd and McLean, who both work so hard to win the contested ball.

Curnow is faster than Cachia and better on both feet. He isn't a natural runner, either in speed or endurance. Cachia will need to play some seriously good footy to earn a promotion to the senior list in/after 2011, or else he'll be spending a 3rd year on the list and battling with Ellard for a spot.

gday guys, have been following this post the last couple of days
just wondering what you carlton experts think cachias chances of cracking into the senior team/ getting promoted to the senior list are like??

gday guys, have been following this post the last couple of days
just wondering what you carlton experts think cachias chances of cracking into the senior team/ getting promoted to the senior list are like??
I say similar to Ellard chances cracking into the seniors/getting promoted last year...

He needs consistency, abit of luck in terms of no injury to him and infury/form for others and the ability to perform if given the chance...

IMO, he is one of 4 rookies that could see game time in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back