Past Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we delist him, he was more upside than Casboult. In his mid-teens, he was considered one of the finest footballers of his age, and he co-captained the Victorian Metropolitan Under 16s team with Tom Scully in the national competition, He would have come good next year in the AFL.

Carlton secures Collins and Cachia
Jaryd Cachia was first recruited to Carlton in the 2010 AFL Rookie Draft, from the Northern Knights and spent two years on the Rookie List developing his game with the Northern Bullants.

He was released by the Club to pursuit greater opportunities with Norwood, in the SANFL and went on to play a pivotal role in the Redlegs 2012 Premiership season.

He also finished off the year polling in the top five in the SANFL Magarey Medal.

Shane described Jaryd as a tough inside midfielder with great hands and an outstanding work ethic.

“Everyone is excited to have him back at Carlton.”
Carlton secures Collins and Cachia

Take two for rookie Blue
“I had to go away and work on a few things in my game, which I think I managed to fix in my season in the SANFL,” came the reply. “I had to work on getting more outside-ball and generally work on my outside game, which I believe I was able to improve.

“I really enjoyed my footy this year, because I regained my confidence as I developed over the journey, and I think it was reflected in how I played on the field.

“There’s still more improvement to come with my outside running, but I do believe I can become more versatile and am happy to play any role I can.”

Carlton’s National Recruiting Manager Shane Rogers said Cachia had been on the club’s radar through the course of the season.

“Norwood played on a Friday night, which meant that whenever we went to Adelaide we had the opportunity to see more games over the course of the weekend,” Rogers said. “We saw “Cache” a lot of a Friday night and we saw an improvement in a lot of areas of his game, which means he’s worked hard at it.

“Football clubs can be pretty intimidating places for an 18 year-old, which is what he was when he first came in. He was delisted when he was only 20, but hopefully he comes back with renewed confidence and he should be right to go.”
Take two for rookie Blue

792375-cachia.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues light up Avalon

Cachia, performing a shutdown role on Kangaroo Levi Greenwood in the first half, was massive in the second half to finish with 22 disposals and five tackles.

Blues light up Avalon

Nice to see Jaryd named in the best players for the Northern Blues over the weekend.

He's certainly a feisty character and doesn't seem to be the type to leave any stone unturned in his efforts.

This is of course now his second stint as a rookie at the club, and he faces a big year if he is to earn himself another season at the club in 2014.

This is clearly a good start to the season for him, hopefully he's able to use that performance as a platform from which he can generate some momentum for himself and really launch into season 2013. If he's able to maintain that level of performance throughout the season and really put himself up for another rookie contract at the very least, he'll have done himself proud.

Best of luck to him.

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 2

Jaryd Cachia was also once again influential, playing a shutdown role on Bendigo skipper, Sam Stroobants. Cachia kept his opponent to just 11 possessions, whilst grabbing 18 disposals himself to continue his good start to the season.

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 2

Jaryd looks to have continued his good form with another solid showing in round 2.

Granted it was against weak opposition, but to perform a new role well two weeks in a row is a real positive and a credit to him.

Congrats on being named to debut tomorrow young man. So many years as a rookie for our great club and its a credit to you.
Hope you play with confidence.
Love ya stats for the Northern Blues this year... Impressive efficiency and a stack of tackles. Go for it!!!!

Likely being mentored by Carrots. Make your monster tackles hurt. :thumbsu:

Jaryd looked a little lost at times yesterday afternoon on debut but certainly made the most of his small opportunity. Game sense will improve with more experience at the top level.

Got plenty of the ball and used it quite well. Most pleasing, however, was perhaps seeing him on the bottom of a fair few packs in a relatively short period of time. Certainly is not afraid to get his hands dirty to give his team mates first access to the football.

Would not be against him being kept in the side for next Monday night against the Saints but I suspect he will be first one out for Carrazzo should he be ready to return.

Back in blue and ready to grab another shot at the big league

Jaryd Cachia had been here before. He was a Carlton player, on the rookie list, on a one-year contract. He was playing in the VFL, the weeks were starting to slide by and the same surnames were in his way: Judd, Murphy, Carrazzo, McLean and the rest of the Blues midfield.
When he was redrafted in December, one year after being told he wasn't good enough, Cachia was glad to be back – he knew who everyone was, where everything was and it helped him settle in.
But as the season started, he wondered whether anything had changed. “I didn't have a good start and I was feeling a bit down. I think it was, 'Well, I'm back here again, same club, rookie again',” he said. “It felt like I was in exactly the same spot. I thought, 'How will I break into this side'?”
Cachia thought he would never play a game for Carlton when he was delisted, after two years on the rookie list. There was no reason to think anything else. He arrived for his end-of-season interview in 2011 knowing what he would be told. “I was really disappointed. I knew it was coming and I knew it wouldn't stop me from trying again, but I was definitely disappointed and there was also that little bit of anger,” he said. “It's a strange feeling to have, to know in your heart that you've worked so hard but not got anything for it.”

Well worth the full read.
Just reminds you of how hard some kids put in and just maybe why we shouldn't rubbish them so readily.

Hasn't done much wrong in his senior games this year.

For some reason I don't seem to notice him much during games. Maybe this is because he is an inside player, or he is focusing his energy on locking down his opponent?

My ranking of the players he is competing with:

1: Robinson - senior bash broth with ability to create real influence on games at times.
2: Cachia - Still developing bt has a well-rounded game.
2: Curnow - still a bit part player, but is starting to find space in a McLeanesque way. Horrible kick.
4: Bell - some well documented deficiencies but can influence games with his physicality.
5: Ellard - Very reliable, goal sneak, generally consistent. Bit small and unfortunately injured.
6: Joseph - has dropped out of contention

Remove this Banner Ad

Back