Recruited From: Calder Cannons

Key Strengths:
  • Extremely quick
  • Can play as a shut down defender very effectively
  • Athletic
Weaknesses:
  • EXTREMELY skinny
  • Lack of strength is a concern
I can't find ANY information on this bloke whatsoever, aside from the brief points above. There are no pictures of him anywhere!
If anyone knows anything else, please add it here, haha.
Cheers lads.

#88 Geelong – Sean Gregory (VIC – KPD)
Height: 195cm, Weight: 72kg, DOB: 20/01/1994
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 40-rookie
Profile: Very quick tall defender with some really impressive closing speed. Has the ability to play on talls or smalls and shut them down to a high level. Has a very slight frame and will need to spend significant time in the gym before he is AFL ready but is an interesting project with his athleticism.

From Knightmare's mock draft

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Happy with this pick, its something I think we needed.

Prevous picks though?????????? Midfielders with pace? Ruckman?

Kaiser Powser

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
#88 Geelong – Sean Gregory (VIC – KPD)
Height: 195cm, Weight: 72kg, DOB: 20/01/1994
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 40-rookie
Profile: Very quick tall defender with some really impressive closing speed. Has the ability to play on talls or smalls and shut them down to a high level. Has a very slight frame and will need to spend significant time in the gym before he is AFL ready but is an interesting project with his athleticism.

From Knightmare's mock draft

Wow, Knightmare nailed the exact pick that he'd go with. At 88, that is freaky good!

Wow, Knightmare nailed the exact pick that he'd go with. At 88, that is freaky good!
Haha, no I changed that. I thought it would be confusing to have #77 listed there as Knightmare had it. Although looking at it, I didnt change his prediction of being drafted to Geelong.

Kick the thing

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
Sunbury
AFL Club
Geelong
Gregory_Sean.jpg

Is actually 196-7 cm now. Will bulk up once on a regimented protein and weights program. Sean has only been playing footy for about 3-4 years. Played tennis at Buckley Park in Essendon. Was predominantly full forward/wing with junior club Rupertswood. Kicked 5 goals in U/18 grand final in 2011. Sean held down tall defender role all year with Calder Cannons. Has flown under radar all year because of the high profile of other draftees at Calder Cannons. Carried out required roles in defence and was in best players 4 times. Played in Young Guns match before VFL preliminary final this year. Played wing/half back/half forward, kicked 2 goals and looked pretty comfortable playing against bigger bodied opponents.

Is actually 196-7 cm now. Will bulk up once on a regimented protein and weights program. Sean has only been playing footy for about 3-4 years. Played tennis at Buckley Park in Essendon. Was predominantly full forward/wing with junior club Rupertswood. Kicked 5 goals in U/18 grand final in 2011. Sean held down tall defender role all year with Calder Cannons. Has flown under radar all year because of the high profile of other draftees at Calder Cannons. Carried out required roles in defence and was in best players 4 times. Played in Young Guns match before VFL preliminary final this year. Played wing/half back/half forward, kicked 2 goals and looked pretty comfortable playing against bigger bodied opponents.

Cheers

:thumbsu:

Sounds all right.

Back