Past #37: Will Fordham - pick 33 '14 Rookie Draft - thanks for your service WIll

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick, agile, 188cm and averaged 20 touches.

What's the knock on him? No left side? To outside?

Snoop Dog had him going #1 in the rookie draft. His comments:

Must have been close I would think and pretty sure will get a look simply because he is a terrific height for a mid / wing and he is quick. When I have seen him I have been impressed with his really clean hands and work around the stoppages to get the ball and move it forward effectively be it by getting rid of it quickly or using his run and carry. His beaut kick and puts them to the right side of the body which as an ex fwd I can tell you is something I use to rate in players.

Snoop Dog had him going #1 in the rookie draft. His comments:

Must have been close I would think and pretty sure will get a look simply because he is a terrific height for a mid / wing and he is quick. When I have seen him I have been impressed with his really clean hands and work around the stoppages to get the ball and move it forward effectively be it by getting rid of it quickly or using his run and carry. His beaut kick and puts them to the right side of the body which as an ex fwd I can tell you is something I use to rate in players.
Shizzle. [/gets beaten up]

BoundForGlory (Paige C's) write-up:

Position: Midfielder
Height: 188 cm, Weight: 80 kg
Club: Sandringham Dragons
A midfielder who never has a problem finding the ball, Will Fordham is a hard-running tall, rating among the best in his transition running, disposal numbers, marks and tackles. Fordham is big, strong and has innate awareness in traffic and under pressure. Featuring predominantly on a wing where his ability to get involved in chains of handballs and score involvements is best utilised, Fordham is a clean kick on either side of his body, possessing superb balance in his game with an ability to play on both the inside and outside.
His ability to read the taps during stoppages is better than most, and his strong core ensures that he’s rarely brought to ground. He’s the sort of player that does a lot of sprinting during games, and who is highly interchanged because he is always exhausting himself. His ability to hit low-weighted passes that are effective going inside 50 or laterally across ground are of note, with his ability to receive and distribute the ball his main positives. Fordham averaged 25.2 disposals during the season proper, and is really becoming a late draft bolter off the back of his impressive testing. He also averaged six marks, three inside 50s and three tackles per game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BoundForGlory (Paige C's) write-up:

Position: Midfielder
Height: 188 cm, Weight: 80 kg
Club: Sandringham Dragons
A midfielder who never has a problem finding the ball, Will Fordham is a hard-running tall, rating among the best in his transition running, disposal numbers, marks and tackles. Fordham is big, strong and has innate awareness in traffic and under pressure. Featuring predominantly on a wing where his ability to get involved in chains of handballs and score involvements is best utilised, Fordham is a clean kick on either side of his body, possessing superb balance in his game with an ability to play on both the inside and outside.
His ability to read the taps during stoppages is better than most, and his strong core ensures that he’s rarely brought to ground. He’s the sort of player that does a lot of sprinting during games, and who is highly interchanged because he is always exhausting himself. His ability to hit low-weighted passes that are effective going inside 50 or laterally across ground are of note, with his ability to receive and distribute the ball his main positives. Fordham averaged 25.2 disposals during the season proper, and is really becoming a late draft bolter off the back of his impressive testing. He also averaged six marks, three inside 50s and three tackles per game

After reading that, I wish Will the best of luck in cleaning up his coke habit while at North Melbourne.

Reminds me of a Steele Sidebottom will be a gun in my opinion, surprised he didn't go in the National Draft.

Reckon he will have an absolute ripper year in the VFL, his type do well in the VFL, quick wingman, the kind of kid that plays well with good sides around him, especially if he finds himself at Werribee.

Reckon he will have an absolute ripper year in the VFL, his type do well in the VFL, quick wingman, the kind of kid that plays well with good sides around him, especially if he finds himself at Werribee.

Do you know if he has a left foot?

Looks very right side dominant and always goes to hands when forced onto the left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back