Past #37: Will Fordham - pick 33 '14 Rookie Draft - thanks for your service WIll

Remove this Banner Ad

Turner like?
I would love to see the MC take a chance on the kid this week. In for Ziebs. Give us something different. Question would be though against the dockers who have one of the better midfield's going around do we need another inside mid to replace jack?

4. Will Fordham has been working hard to improve his game and took some huge steps forward.

“We’ve been working on his contested side and his defence and it was really pleasing today,” Moore said.

“He’s had 19 possessions but I thought the way he was able to win his one-on-ones was really good.”

3. Playing on the smaller ground at Port Melbourne meant a tougher afternoon for Will Fordham.

With the rookie’s ability to run and provide an outlet compromised, he adapted and worked his way to 16 disposals.

“He’s normally the one that runs into the back half, creates, links up, and there’s just no space for him to do that here,” Brown said.

“He still worked hard though and it was a real contested game.

“He got a knock late and was taken off for a concussion test.”

Would be the most significant finals debut since Brereton only far more successful. Do it.
Its not gonna happen. I think he should have played last Friday though.
Just on debutants in finals..how often has it happened? Off the top of my head I cannot remember any recently.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-10-13/2015-review-will-fordham

With North Melbourne’s 2015 season completed after a preliminary final loss, NMFC.com.au analyses the performance of each player for the year.

Statistics, a coach review and their efforts in each half of the year are below, as well as a comment section for you to have your say.

Statistics
VFL appearances: 17
Disposal average: 18
Goals: 4
Tackles: 68
Inside 50’s: 51

View Fordham’s profile

First half review – Gavin Brown
“He has no problem winning the footy, offensively he’s been really impressive.

“He’s getting really good numbers on the back of his high work rate. He’s an aerobic beast with an incredible running capability and he’s using it well to get the footy.

“He’s still learning how to play the wing role and focusing on his kicking which has improved a lot since pre-season.”

Second half review – Jarred Moore
“He continued being the first one up every week and the last one to leave. He loves working on his game.

“He realised what it takes to be an AFL player, which is a really good sign heading into the pre-season.

“We’re expecting big things from him and this year was a real good learning opportunity.

“He worked really hard on the defensive side of his game once he realised that was an area to work on.”

In the news
August 18 – Fordham re-signs – STORY

"I had a knee arthroscope before the draft so I missed out on the pre-season time trials, but I can't wait to take Gibbo on next pre-season."

June 15 – Developing from defence – STORY

“It’s just about covering off and getting back to be able to help out the defenders. Yesterday I was better at doing that, while also covering my man at the same time.”
Nice review.

Particularly like this bit:
“He continued being the first one up every week and the last one to leave. He loves working on his game.

“He realised what it takes to be an AFL player, which is a really good sign heading into the pre-season

Way to go son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back