Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played more consistent footy at VFL level than a heap of guys that were gifted a s**t load of games.

He's smashing at the door right now, we keep him out and it may be to our own detriment.

If Carlton come throwing cash at him he may very well consider leaving.

And he isn't a midfielder or a back or a No 1 ruck so his selection is limited to the forward line and the only bloke he is any chance of replacing is Waite.

And he isn't a midfielder or a back or a No 1 ruck so his selection is limited to the forward line and the only bloke he is any chance of replacing is Waite.

Waite has largely been somewhere between cack and average.

I'll be happily surprised (but surprised none the less) if he gets picked this week. Huge game for us Vs South Melbourne, at home, Saturday night, off the back of a great team win after many, many weeks of mediocrity. The selection committee will probably stick with the same recipie as last week.

I would've played him 5 weeks ago.

I don't know whether the coaches will be too keen to shakeup the forward line going into a game vs Sydney, I think he will be picked only if Waite doesn't come up.

Regarding trade hypotheticals, I think Brisbane would be the only team thats desperate enough for a tall fwd to take him on with a pending court hearing for the r*** charge.

I have worked out what the match committee are going to do. They will wait till he is horribly out of form and play him.

I don't know whether the coaches will be too keen to shakeup the forward line going into a game vs Sydney, I think he will be picked only if Waite doesn't come up.

Regarding trade hypotheticals, I think Brisbane would be the only team thats desperate enough for a tall fwd to take him on with a pending court hearing for the r*** charge.
Essendon have no forward line, need ruck help, and have super legal and communication skills.

Isn't his court case in September? If so he's good to go by the time the trade period rolls around.

Carlton will offer him a truck load of cash.

Surely we can resign him on the proviso that he isn't playing full forward for Barwon 1st's. Or seconds if Scott somehow ends up coach after his fracas in Tassie:p

I seriously rate Maj and can't wait until he lights up the big stage, I've every post logged that have suggested he's not up to it.

Gunna be a long night when I answer them all.

Have just signed up with Sudan Tribune online, am ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst Waite is very frustrating, I don't think he's too far away from ripping up a game. It would be nice if it was this weekend against The Swans?

I love that every micro detail of Majak's footy smarts and game gets dissected in hypotheticals as if our senior forward line usually consists of a cluster of super footy smart Wayne Carey and Darren Jarman clones.

*en A, that is the biggest piss off for me. We continually rate our boys on their highest optimum.

Petrie once kicked six in a quarter, every chance he'll kick 24 in a game sometime soon.

On a serious note I just can't fathom how he can't get a game?

We've seen the Eagles stick by Natinui regardless of his five touch games. We all saw Daws efforts in the game against Adelaide pre season. Would be awesome if someone could explain his non selection after that.

I had the privledge of travelling to Shepparton to watch the game against the Hawks, when Majak finally made an appearance, the lift in the crowd shouldn't be underestimated.
That day he ran, spoilt and gave options. Next thing He's at Werribee for ten bloody weeks.

I don't pretend to know the reason for some decisions but occasionally you can get a gut feel a decision is wrong, even if you don't know the process. And unfortunately I think Majaks non selection is one of those times.

****en A, that is the biggest piss off for me. We continually rate our boys on their highest optimum.

Petrie once kicked six in a quarter, every chance he'll kick 24 in a game sometime soon.

On a serious note I just can't fathom how he can't get a game?

We've seen the Eagles stick by Natinui regardless of his five touch games. We all saw Daws efforts in the game against Adelaide pre season. Would be awesome if someone could explain his non selection after that.

I had the privledge of travelling to Shepparton to watch the game against the Hawks, when Majak finally made an appearance, the lift in the crowd shouldn't be underestimated.
That day he ran, spoilt and gave options. Next thing He's at Werribee for ten bloody weeks.

I don't pretend to know the reason for some decisions but occasionally you can get a gut feel a decision is wrong, even if you don't know the process. And unfortunately I think Majaks non selection is one of those times.

I guess what we can't afford right now is to carry a talented, athletic but highly inconsistent player. We just can't afford to have someone who can produce a moment of brilliance only to balance it with 10 moments of stupidity. Someone who butchers opportunities, lairises and can't be relied upon.

Which is why right now we need to persist with a reliable, productive proven consistent performer like Waite.

Whilst Waite is very frustrating, I don't think he's too far away from ripping up a game. It would be nice if it was this weekend against The Swans?

The only game he has ripped up this year was against Brisbane.

Who are shite.

Nice to see the term 'get rid of' being officially adopted by the club.

I guess what we can't afford right now is to carry a talented, athletic but highly inconsistent player. We just can't afford to have someone who can produce a moment of brilliance only to balance it with 10 moments of stupidity. Someone who butchers opportunities, lairises and can't be relied upon.

Which is why right now we need to persist with a reliable, productive proven consistent performer like Waite.

Must say I'm a bit of a panic merchant when it comes to quick, strong , great kick, awesome second ruck contested marking machines that don't get games.

But in fairness to our club Majak doesn't seem down in the dumps over his repeated non selection.

I wasn't against Waite coming to our club. But him and Petrie avg between them 3.2 goals a game, not sure that doesn't warrant a change.

Majak FWIW averages 1.1 goals, and seems to be an improved player.

Would love to see him against the Swans, reckon he'll cause them trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back