Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

45702_3853913005147_378039481_n.jpg

Welcome to the Essendon Football Club, Nick Kommer!

Height: 184cm
Weight: 78kg
D/O/B: 28/9/1990
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Recruited From: East Perth

Key Strengths:
  • Solid tagger
  • Huge engine
  • Tough as nuts
  • DAT BEARD POTENTIAL
Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistency could be an issue
  • With short hair, looks like he's from Seinfeld
I don't know enough about Nick to form a solid opinion piece, but he is certainly a decent pick up. With Hocko's tagging role appearing to not be working for him, I believe we picked Kommer up to have him thrown into a tagging role- Just to see what happens.
I'm not entirely sure if he'll make it onto the AFL list in 2013, but we'll have to see.
Also, dat beard.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Really put an exclamation mark on our draft I thought.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Its clear we target competitve, hate to lose, determined, hard workers, tough nut type players now under the new Hird/Thompson era.

I honestly dont think much of him, he did come on a bit this year and may have a good season next year. I think Lee is the better player although having said that Kommers personality seems like it could more make it at the next level. I wouldnt say hes an excellently skilled player or damaging. Hes more workman like and might be able to play on the best small forwards to some degree and be a tagger i dont see much more than that.

Blackswan

Debutant
Suspended
Nov 21, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
A few WA watchers rate Brendan Lee higher than Kommer, and yet we got rid of Lee.

Kommer had a good end to the year for Easts but he really lacks a weapon, for me he's a less polished version Howlett.

Think his size and attack on the footy is what got him a look in, I'd be surprised if he plays 50 or more games.

TheDon35

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
cricket
A bit of irony in that Brendan Lee gave him his number after he was drafted to the Bombers last year. Never seen him play but a ripping hard nosed kid apparently.

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Welcome Nick Kommer!

Back