Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

Remove this Banner Ad

You are literally the only person on earth who thinks Kommer is a better kick than Melksham
No, Melksham is a better kick technically but has overall poor decision making that creates his poor efficiency. Kommers better efficiency comes from his better decision making.
I think both will become good players for the club but was initially pointing out that if a bloke with a DE of 60 can play as a pure midfielder right now, then surely Kommer is a chance in the future. I'm keen to see how he develops.

Last edited:

Signed up until 2016, so you all need to get over it! Love how he's such a pest (which he is employed to be, btw) that he pisses off his own supporters.
LOVE YOU KOMMDOG

If Kommer has a disposal efficiency of 78, it must for all his 1 metre handballs because he never has enough time to kick, and when he does kick it I try not to watch, because it's atrocious.

Reading stats to rate players is stupid, actually watch what they do. Melksham is a far better kick than Kommer.

We are missing him in the side. I know he doesn't get a lot of the ball but his pressure acts are very important to us. We would be kicking more goals if he was in the side.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-14/kings-of-pressure

ESSENDON: Dyson Heppell
It is no coincidence that Essendon's inability to match its frantic levels of pressure last year have matched up with Nick Kommer's absence for all of 2014. The small forward broke onto the scene last year as a mature-aged recruit, and although he lacks polish, found a spot in Essendon's line-up immediately with his effort and grit. Last year he was the Bombers' leading pressure acts player with 353 – an important measure alongside his goal and possession tallies. Knee tendonitis has kept Kommer out of action, with Dyson Heppell the leading pressure act player at the club this year. Heppell is a midfielder who goes both ways – working hard with the ball, and working hard to get it off the opposition. Paul Chapman and Ben Howlett have laid the most forward-50 tackles (10) for the Bombers this year. - Callum Twomey

You can't really not agree, given our relative impotence this year in front of goals.

When we're on our pressure is ridiculous, only matched by the pies at their peak, but when we're off we need someone to lead the charge, and he generally does that.

Not mentioned in the recovery room video this week, does that mean he's available for selection?

Not mentioned in the recovery room video this week, does that mean he's available for selection?

RIP Nick :(

Hopefully we can harvest his body parts for use in the latest Gleesebot hardware update.

If Kommer has a disposal efficiency of 78, it must for all his 1 metre handballs because he never has enough time to kick, and when he does kick it I try not to watch, because it's atrocious.

Reading stats to rate players is stupid, actually watch what they do. Melksham is a far better kick than Kommer.
Yes far better at kicking fifty metre bullets to the opposition. I'll take a dinky handball to one of our players please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes far better at kicking fifty metre bullets to the opposition. I'll take a dinky handball to one of our players please.
Do yourself a favour and watch the pair. Kommer is the worst kick of the pill on our list, even worse than Hardingham

You don't get games because you can only perform pressure acts. What puts pressure on a team - Kommer kicking 2 or 3 a game or 15 pressure acts ? Give me the former.
If those 15 pressure acts result in 4-5 goals for other players in our forward line, what difference does it make?

If those 15 pressure acts result in 4-5 goals for other players in our forward line, what difference does it make?

Pressure acts result in stoppages and turnovers - Only about 25% of turnovers result in scores and I believe less from stoppages. Direct scoreboard impact will always beat pressure acts.

Do yourself a favour and watch the pair. Kommer is the worst kick of the pill on our list, even worse than Hardingham

Colyer is worse than Kommer.

In terms of stupid decisions it might be Hardingham or Kommer, but as far as skill level goes, i'm comfortable with Kommer.

Colyer is worse than Kommer.

In terms of stupid decisions it might be Hardingham or Kommer, but as far as skill level goes, i'm comfortable with Kommer.

Agree with Jack.

I actually rate Kommer's kicking as solid.

I'm amazed at the amount of effort some people are putting into having a go a Kommer. Honestly when I drop into this thread I sometimes wonder if I've accidentally wandered into the HTB.

Strange, it's almost like some people don't realise that he hasn't even been playing this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back