May 20, 2013
Los Angeles, California, USA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Mets
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-06-09/wallace-in-waiting

How good is this bloke's attitude?

Assumes nothing, gives it everything. Love him.

Hey! Thanks for posting this, astrovic. I'm actually headed to Melbourne later this month — after a pilgrimage to Freo, of course, for our June 25 match v Collingwood — to work on my book about the Big E, Coxy and Holmesy and am planning to go to their VFL games. The Big E is one determined dude and I'm happy to see he might be trialled in the backline.

2. Promoted from the development league in the absence of Dan Currie (foot), Eric Wallace impressed in his first senior game for the Tigers with 35 hit-outs and a team-high 7 tackles.

“Eric played against a fellow American import and more than held his own with some great follow up work. It was a nice game from him and he should take a lot of confidence out of it.” - Dyer

Those are really encouraging numbers in your first game of senior VFL footy :thumbsu:

Those are really encouraging numbers in your first game of senior VFL footy :thumbsu:
I love how blokes foreign to the game come in and do all of the things most footballers don't.

A team high of 7 tackles is outstanding.

I love how blokes foreign to the game come in and do all of the things most footballers don't.

That's because they don't have the bad habits learned by most at a young age.

Blank slate so to speak. A lot to work with only limited by their ability to adjust and learn.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Watched a half of the VFL and he is very much in the Mumford style - the amount of times he'd contest the ball up and then be the first to lay a tackle/contest the ground ball was impressive.

Not sure he'll ever make it to senior ranks given his age but hopefully his attitude is infectious.

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
NMFC has Harper's goals highlights on the website. What's amazing is that in his second goal, Big E shepherds enough to give Harps the space to goal. Good team thinking there.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NMFC has Harper's goals highlights on the website. What's amazing is that in his second goal, Big E shepherds enough to give Harps the space to goal. Good team thinking there.
If you look closely you can see that while he is shepherding one guy he is also tripping another guy at the same time.

#ambidickstrous
#chunnulungjissiewsmuth

Psi-Roos

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think it has to do with trying to do the "team thing". It's a great attitude to have and hopefully he can move it into eventually getting a gig. Great to see us dipping into bigger talent pools.

This board's obsession with his tackle was bound to rub off on field at some stage.
"This board's obsession" sounds a bit like the Royal 'we' TT...;)

3. Big man Eric Wallace has been terrific since being promoted to Werribee’s senior team.

“He pretty much rucked one-out. He was quite strong with his follow-up and impacted in the air a couple of times as well,” Dyer said.

Wallace took on Padraig Lucey for much of the day, finishing with 53 hit-outs.

“It was a good duel between the two of them, but I thought Beast probably shaded him on the day which was good.”

2. Eric Wallace played his “best game of the year” according to Brown, chiming in with two goals.

“He took some terrific marks, was good at ground level and one of his goals was an inside 50 taking on an opponent in general play.

“He laid some tackles, went in the ruck and did some pretty solid stuff in the ruck. It was a really good day for Eric.”

Back