Past #39: Eric Wallace - released by the Carolina Panthers

Remove this Banner Ad

The drums are beating. Imagine Majak and The Beast up forward........That's an extra 5k to the game this Sat night and seeing its our home game, it's a master-stroke IMO.
Yep, good call. The club always puts up highlights and features on the website before a debut. Gonna happen I reckon.

Be good to see "Eric the Python" match the feats of his namesake, Eric "the Eel" Moussambani.

Yep, good call. The club always puts up highlights and features on the website before a debut. Gonna happen I reckon.

Be good to see "Eric the Python" match the feats of his namesake, Eric "the Eel" Moussambani.

Yes Mason wood highlights have been up....but no chance of the beast playing this weekend.

Could he be a smokey to be elevated if we need a backup ruckman?

His progression in the VFL this season:
21 hitouts, 8 tackles, 0 marks, 6 disposals, 0 goals vs Collingwood
30 hitouts, 5 tackles, 2 makrs, 9 disposals, 0 goals vs Essendon
29 hitouts, 2 tackles, 4 marks, 8 disposals, 0 goals vs Sandi
38 hitouts, 3 tackles, 3 marks, 8 disposals, 1 goal vs Geelong
34 hitouts, 3 tackles, 1 marks, 7 disposals, 1 goal vs Footscray
33 hitouts, 5 tackles, 0 marks, 9 disposals, 0 goals vs Frankston
40 hitouts, 1 tackle, 1 mark, 10 disposals, 1 goal vs Bendigo
54 hitouts, 4 tackles, 1 mark, 3 disposals, 0 goals vs Box Hill
28 hitouts, 4 tackles, 3 marks, 9 disposals, 1 goal vs Casey
39 hitouts, 4 tackles, 2 marks, 4 disposals, 1 goal vs Richmond
26 hitouts, 2 tackles, 2 marks, 6 disposals, 0 goals vs Footscray
40 hitouts, 8 tackles, 1 mark, 8 disposals, 0 goals vs Werribee
23 hitouts, 1 tackle, 1 mark, 10 disposals, 1 goal vs Northern
47 hitouts, 0 tackles, 2 marks, 6 disposals, 0 goals vs Bendigo
37 hitouts, 5 tackles, 0 marks, 6 disposals, 0 goals vs Coburg
55 hitouts, 4 tackles, ? marks, 8 disposals, 0 goals vs Geelong

Averaging 35.88 hitouts and 3.69 tackles per game.

Would like him to improve his around the field presence and kick a few goals, hopefully with time and a debut and a few games next year. He should get a pre-season game at least.

Would like him to improve his around the field presence and kick a few goals, hopefully with time and a debut and a few games next year. He should get a pre-season game at least.

Well, I am not suggesting he is going to push Goldy out of the side, just saying if Brown goes down and now that Maj is on the canvass this season the options are the Beast and Currie and Currie has only played 9 games in the VFL this year and is steadily missing games every month which isn't great.

Well, I am not suggesting he is going to push Goldy out of the side, just saying if Brown goes down and now that Maj is on the canvass this season the options are the Beast and Currie and Currie has only played 9 games in the VFL this year and is steadily missing games every month which isn't great.
Is Currie being pushed back to the VFL seconds?

And currie is s**t anyway.

That is unfair on Currie, he was not in good touch when he was brought into the side. When he was on fire last year we wouldn't give him a go.

I'd like for Wallace to be shown the Pickett highlights and be told don't worry that most of those are illegal now.

That is unfair on Currie, he was not in good touch when he was brought into the side. When he was on fire last year we wouldn't give him a go.

I'd like for Wallace to be shown the Pickett highlights and be told don't worry that most of those are illegal now.

Love this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something to be said for bringing in these guys who have no loyalty to any club but NMFC, and will therefore bust a gut for the royal blue and white.

Of course there is no guarantee he'll make it into the senior side, but if he continues to develop and legitimately earns a spot in the 22 he'd be an instant favourite in my book.

Honestly I didn't think he'd even make it as far as he has - so who knows!

one of the best excuses I have ever heard.:(

The question is can he play forward in the Brown role?
That would be his chance if any of the forwards went down.

That's the thing. Playing predominately 'ruck' isn't gonna get him a gig with Goldstein in the side. Has to play more forward for NB next year and improve other aspects of his game before even being considered for seniors.

I think it's within the realms of possible now. Especially if he keeps getting hit outs to advantage and keeps taking marks. Another pre-season with improved endurance and he could easily push for a senior spot if one opens up

one of the best excuses I have ever heard.:(

Excuse? It was just reality, his games over the pre-season stunk, only NMFC could put someone in the side after showing the form he had and expect to get something totally different. His pre-season games the year before were significantly better.

Excuse? It was just reality, his games over the pre-season stunk, only NMFC could put someone in the side after showing the form he had and expect to get something totally different. His pre-season games the year before were significantly better.
Tas, you have to feel sorry for the poor bugger, getting his chance when he was not up to it.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back