Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown

#39- Jason Johannissen

DSC00461_1%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Photo By [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games
Goals - 0
Best and Fairest - N/A

Date of Birth - 08-11-1992
Recruited 2011 Rookie Draft selection, No. 39.
Height/Weight:
176cm, 68kg

The young quick played the majority of the year in the VFL reserves, kicking 8 goals and being featured in the best 3 times from 15 matches. He cracked the senior team late in the year to play in the 101 point rout of Box Hill, snapping up three goals and showing some real pace and poise through the midfield. He played two more games before playing the prelim-final loss to Coburg in the reserves.

His main problem is that his disposal let him down at times at VFL seniors level so that is one area that he will have to work on.

I look forward to watching him develop. He's a long way from being a star, but like the way he goes about it.

Can anybody remember what his nationality is?

I remember someone asked him at training. Might have been mohawk guy actually.

With all the other Toast threads going around, here's time for one more ...

Loved JJ's game against Geelong, especially in the first quarter. Speedy players off half back are hard enough to come by, let alone those who are tough at the contest (smothering a goal vs Trent West, and laying enough tackles) and still have good decision making (always looking to kick long, no real obvious clanger kicks). I reckon we got a steal in the rookie draft, and after less than 10 games is already looking like the real deal! He should also get the rising star nomination this week.

(also slightly upset about trading him out of my supercoach team the week before he scores a 100)

I claimed jj about 18 months ago....some may have jumped on before that but I must say i'm a JJ man.

Have declared him to many non doggy fans he will play 200 games and be a absolute gun in the mould of Gilbee only to get howled down and laughed at :)

It would be hard not to like his game:
  • Over 20 possessions
  • Disposal efficiency almost 80%
  • No fatigue fadeout (as reported a few weeks back - against Freo I think it was)
  • Lots of dash out of defence, evasive
  • Confident and aggressive at the ball/opposition. Confident with the ball.
  • Courage and 1%ers

He's a keeper. Has gone past Wood IMO.

I can't find a spot for Wood in the side when he gets back from injury. Young and JJ have slotted in nicely and don't turn the ball over as much as Wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say I've been a knocker of JJ's in the past, but his effort and performance against the Cats was fantastic. I'm starting to see why some of the people on BF think he will be a good player for us.

He's one of those 70-80m players. Takes a bounce and kicks it long. He's actually quite important as without him, and especially in the absence of Bob, we don't move the ball all that quickly.

RS criteria: no more than 10 games and under 21 at 1 January this year. WB players eligible in 2013 are:
Stringer​
Macrae​
Roberts​
Pearce​
Hrovat​
Hunter​
Prudden​
Young​
Talia​
Johannisen​
Jong​

Regular posters on here know I raved about this guy when he was a rookie saying he is exactly what we need and should be promoted. He has turned out to be everything I expected.

I find Easton Wood sometimes over commits ( Alex Rance like)to a marking contest.
His decision making and execution are sometimes poor.
JJ on the other hand looks like he makes the right decisions and is a better kick.
Early days, and Wood's been cruelled by injuries which haven't allowed him to develop.

I find Easton Wood sometimes over commits ( Alex Rance like)to a marking contest.
His decision making and execution are sometimes poor.
JJ on the other hand looks like he makes the right decisions and is a better kick.
Early days, and Wood's been cruelled by injuries which haven't allowed him to develop.

This too, does anyone remember his game against Collingwood last year, this showed a bit of a glimpse into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back