Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC Radio Interview

Cliffs:
Hasn't sunk in yet.
Got texted by Goldy, thought it was one of his mates having a joke.
Head to Utah on Thursday/Friday
Knew about Utah being a North Supporter, club asked him last night if he had a passport.
First year he believes will be earning the respect of his team mates and coaches.
Very confident his injuries are behind him, says will only get bigger and stronger.

For some reason links wont work, its on the club website if you can't access.

s**t, a bit awkward if he didn't have a passport.

Time to give up the smokes now mate, you have a big pre season coming up

Taking my last pack with me so I can choof outside the LAX terminal between flights then finish the rest off from SLC to the training facility mate. Should be good to go the following morning. :thumbsu:

Is Hibbert the dude who's parents went out of their way to accommodate the North recruiters with food etc when they visited their home or is that someone else? if so is there a link to that somewhere?
Yup, massive NMFC fans.

Pick28.jpg

North Melbourne- Pick 33 after Academy Bidding --> 2015 National Draft - Mitchell Hibberd

Last edited:
Was talking to a bloke who is on a Tas State League coaching panel and he couldn't believe that Hibberd lasted so long. He said that when his side played Clarence that they could never match up on him or keep him under control-their thoughts were he was easily the best young player in Tasmania. He was very surprised that Lovell went as early as he did and before Hibberd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking my last pack with me so I can choof outside the LAX terminal between flights then finish the rest off from SLC to the training facility mate. Should be good to go the following morning. :thumbsu:

You're going to kill it. Great preparation.

Onya Mitch. :thumbsu:

I rewatched the Fox Footy show on the Draft Combine tonight and it amazed me how many top ten lists Mitch featured in for running testing and kicking (BOG). Unleash this bloke's potential and we could have a bloody goodun on our hands.

This from combine harvester

Mitchell Hibberd (23/9/1996. 191cm, 85kg. Clarence)

Medium midfielder/defender

AFL biography: Midfielder or defender who has overcome significant knee and shoulder injuries to play some exciting football this year for Tasmania. Very good athletically and a sound decision maker. Averaged 23.3 possessions (71.8 percent efficiency), eight handball receives and 4.7 rebound 50s in three games at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

"Mitch has had a very injury interrupted last couple of years. He had his knee reconstructed towards the end of 2013 and missed 12 months, then came in for preseason as an overage this year and dislocated his shoulder at training and needed a reconstruction. His first game was a TAC Cup game in May, and he basically hadn't played for 18 months. I think his ability to be ready to play really well in that game and subsequent games is a big tick for his willingness to work hard and recover. He's got really good endurance and he's worked super hard on his speed and agility. He'll test at around three seconds over 20m which is not elite, but not bad for a 192cm hard running player. Even though he's 19 he's still quite immature physically, so he has a lot of development still to go, and certainly a lot of upside. What he is, is a very, very professional kid. He's been like that since he was 13, he'd be the most dedicated kid I've had in my six years here. He weighs his food, he does extra sessions, he's just one of those kids, and in the end that's why he got back from his shoulder in six months instead of eight."

Adam Sanders, Tasmania under-18 coach

He's sounding very much like another Cunners type, with the references to his professionalism and dedication, but one whose running ability rather than ball winning ability stands out. A perfect addition!

He's sounding very much like another Cunners type, with the references to his professionalism and dedication, but one whose running ability rather than ball winning ability stands out. A perfect addition!
If Ben10 has the stern look, what will Mitch have? Can't wait to find out.

I don't know if it's at the same level as stern look. But it's something alright..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back