Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy to get him. Would have been stoked if we picked him with our first.

His injuries pose a bit of a risk but he has huge upside if his body holds up to the rigours of AFL footy.

Much more exciting compared to a few of our picks last year. Hope he starts off at Werribee as a genuine midfielder.

This is the pick that went through a heap of clubs, so glad it's this fella
That's right... It is too. So, literally, a lot of clubs will regret on-trading it when Hibberd hopefully becomes a gun.

As for his potential midfield capabilities, he might not end up a centre square mid in the truest sense, but if the wing is still classified as midfield, then the potential is definitely there.

Can somebody explain the downside to this guy? Looks like a gun

Has had an ACL and a shoulder reco in the last 2 years mate.

Wouldnt be against just getting his body ready over the next 12 months. Very excited with this kid. Loads of potential.
We're fairly allergic to giving draftees immediate game time these last few years so might be for the best.

"My hero growing up was Daniel Wells. When I was 6 years old I sent a letter off to him with a footy card and he replied and signed the footy card for me so I've loved him ever since."

How ******* good!

Also says he models his game on Bontempelli and Fyfe, Imagine if he turns out to be combination of those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once he attends the Saunders school of injury management/prevention we'll have a player on our hands. As long as it's not a foot injury I am very confident he'll put it behind him.

Shoulder reco, stuffed leg, BFNAAK. Did we just draft Twinkletoes ?

Shhhhhh mate, I'm busily packing my royal blue and white + orange North gear for my early flight to Utah.

As for his shoulder, won't hamper his long term development. Surgery should have mended that and increased muscle will help ensure it remains injury free.

Welcome aboard Mitch!

Play like Goddard, better bloke.
Shhhhhh mate, I'm busily packing my royal blue and white + orange North gear for my early flight to Utah.

As for his shoulder, won't hamper his long term development. Surgery should have mended that and increased muscle will help ensure it remains injury free.

Welcome aboard Mitch!

Time to give up the smokes now mate, you have a big pre season coming up

Cannot wait to see his interview.
ABC Radio Interview

Cliffs:
Hasn't sunk in yet.
Got texted by Goldy, thought it was one of his mates having a joke.
Head to Utah on Thursday/Friday
Knew about Utah being a North Supporter, club asked him last night if he had a passport.
First year he believes will be earning the respect of his team mates and coaches.
Very confident his injuries are behind him, says will only get bigger and stronger.

For some reason links wont work, its on the club website if you can't access.

Last edited:
ABC Radio Interview

Cliffs:
Hasn't sunk in yet.
Got texted by Goldy, thought it was one of his mates having a joke.
Head to Utah on Thursday/Friday
Knew about Utah being a North Supporter, club asked him last night if he had a passport.
First year he believes will be earning the respect of his team mates and coaches.
Very confident his injuries are behind him, says will only get bigger and stronger.

Most awks interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Back