Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

He's sounding very much like another Cunners type, with the references to his professionalism and dedication, but one whose running ability rather than ball winning ability stands out. A perfect addition!

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. Remember reading about Cunnington always heading down to the beach with his Dad to do recovery after matches.

Will be the new Bont of the comp just give the kid a go mad size for a mid and the way I see him he has a lot to fill out he's frame looks as if he can pack 6-7 kg of muscle and look like a tank

Think he will turn out to be a winger and take over from Gibbo. Will end up with the No 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No 11 will look better on Hibberd.
Personally I'd love if one of Kayne or Taylor took it after Spud goes, they're both tough campaigners. Hibberd's more of a silky, no fuss type.

I actually wouldn't mind it if Hibberd kept the #39 for his entire career, kind of suits him.

My recruiting mates assessment:

Interesting player who has had injuries but showed a lot as a junior and returned to some of that form this year. Tough, good size and disciplined player who has good skills in traffic. Pretty good pace for a bloke his size and with another year passing after his injuries he could be good to go from round 1. He reckons if he didn't have those injuries he could have been a first rounder. No obvious knock on the bloke but did say wasn't sure what his actual position will be. On baller, winger, defender or sweeper. He personally thinks that he should be groomed for on ball due to his size and in traffic work

My recruiting mates assessment:

Interesting player who has had injuries but showed a lot as a junior and returned to some of that form this year. Tough, good size and disciplined player who has good skills in traffic. Pretty good pace for a bloke his size and with another year passing after his injuries he could be good to go from round 1. He reckons if he didn't have those injuries he could have been a first rounder. No obvious knock on the bloke but did say wasn't sure what his actual position will be. On baller, winger, defender or sweeper. He personally thinks that he should be groomed for on ball due to his size and in traffic work

Hopefully he can develop as a centre square mid. Not many guys his size and his endurance can move like him.

Hopefully he can develop as a centre square mid. Not many guys his size and his endurance can move like him.

I'd vote midfield as well for Hibberd, inside or out.

We already have Atley, Wright, Macmillan down back who have some size. Ed Vickers-Willis is also 190+ and whilst we runs a 15 beep like Hibberd, is suited as a defender. And then there is Mullett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back