Traded 39. Shane Kersten (2012-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 National Draft selection No. 34 - Shane Kersten

I'll be watching the progress of Kersten very closely and Im really happy with who we've got in the draft based on what Ive seen and read..

I see the Nathan Ablett thread is now closed.. Good riddance. No need to look back to 2007 when we have some great picks that will keep developing in 2012 and beyond!

Kersten has a body shape similar to Fev, looks like he will become a seriously powerful presence. Just hope they keep his off-field demeanor in check :p

2ep3ac0.jpg

Our forward line has been ravaged by injury/retirements.

The list of casualties as it stands:
  • Menzel (knee)​
  • Vardy (hip)​
  • Pods (shoulder)​
  • Brown (shoulder)​
  • Johnson (knee)​
  • Otto (ret.)​
  • Mooney (ret.)​
Chris Scott mentioned that he could see Kersten playing in 2012 if form warrants it and we cop a few injuries. Given our current predicament, round one looks a distinct possibility.

Our forward line has been ravaged by injury/retirements.

The list of casualties as it stands:
  • Menzel (knee)​
  • Vardy (hip)​
  • Pods (shoulder)​
  • Brown (shoulder)​
  • Johnson (knee)​
  • Otto (ret.)​
  • Mooney (ret.)​
Chris Scott mentioned that he could see Kersten playing in 2012 if form warrants it and we cop a few injuries. Given our current predicament, round one looks a distinct possibility.

Where do I sign up?
Is it that bad?.... Bit rough on Kersten if he had to, considering we're thePremier team!
The kid will be a great signing for us but I'd prefer him have 5-8 games in the two's, for his sake.
Reminds me of Jack Darling, almost ready to go. :thumbsu:

I know we lost the GF and that is not a good game for us, but I can't help but get a certain fullness when Kersto is in full flight.

This kid just HAS to get healthy…..

GO Catters

He's got a certain Rooke-ness about him when he tackle in the forward line.

He's got a certain Rooke-ness about him when he tackle in the forward line.

Yeah.. not quite as fanatical as Max yet but the best part about that is that he was, by Amos I believe, told to work on his defensive pressure earlier in the year. That is great example of doing what you are told….

Go Catters

the best part about that is that he was, by Amos I believe, told to work on his defensive pressure earlier in the year. That is great example of doing what you are told….
Ask a fan you can't ask any more than that. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but the players can't really control for injuries.
Unless you SJ going over fences.

And I have nothing to say Shane has been anything but bloody unlucky so far….

GO Catters

It seems as thought the mode season is based as much on the recovery to full fitness from the interrupted pre season he has a had rather than it being a full 3 months out because of surgery.

That said, * me can we catch break on the injury front PLEASE!!!

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back