3rd T20 Aust. vs India

The winner of this all hugely important match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a strange way to prepare for a WC.

With just two teams qualifying from the group I'd be surprised if Australia gets through from that.

70% of a t20 is luck, so who knows. However I agree, and it is purely because 4 of our best bowlers are injured.

70% of a t20 is luck, so who knows. However I agree, and it is purely because 4 of our best bowlers are injured.

Starc, Pattinson, Cummins and NCN? The last 3 are unproven in international T20 - they also have limited experience in the subcontinent don't they ? Even with the IPL. I also think it's pointless to include Cummins in these discussions, how many international games has he played since that test in 2011?

I think luck is only a factor to the extent of how many players turn up to play. As we saw last night one player dominating (Watson) may be good enough to get his team over the line but consistency across the team - as India have shown throughout this series - will more likely than not come out on top.

Starc, Pattinson, Cummins and NCN? The last 3 are unproven in international T20 - they also have limited experience in the subcontinent don't they ? Even with the IPL. I also think it's pointless to include Cummins in these discussions, how many international games has he played since that test in 2011?
NCN was very good for Delhi in the last IPL, I'd say he has proven himself a good bowler in the conditions.

Bowlers won't win games in this World Cup, batsmen will. I expect scores over 200 to be the norm.

And there isn't any preparation required for a T20 World Cup. The best batting lists will come to the top and then its going to be decided largely by luck. We have a batting list as good as anyone, so we are a chance. IMO of course.

I think luck is only a factor to the extent of how many players turn up to play. As we saw last night one player dominating (Watson) may be good enough to get his team over the line but consistency across the team - as India have shown throughout this series - will more likely than not come out on top.
I think Cummins has played more international games (Aus A etc) than state games since 2011.

Bowlers won't win games in this World Cup, batsmen will. I expect scores over 200 to be the norm.

And there isn't any preparation required for a T20 World Cup. The best batting lists will come to the top and then its going to be decided largely by luck. We have a batting list as good as anyone, so we are a chance. IMO of course.
Bowlers can certainly lose games though and if Boland & Tait are playing we'll be no chance.

Good bowlers are worth their weight in gold when scores are generally high.

Look at Starc in the World Cup.

Good bowlers are worth their weight in gold when scores are generally high.

Look at Starc in the World Cup.
Yeah I don't know where this idea that bowlers are somehow less important in high scoring games comes from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's insane. How can we even think of him as a Test prospect until he gets a season under his belt.

Yep, his last Shield match was the 2010-2011 Shield final, on March 17, 2011.

Personally, I'd like to see Cummins stay fit and play two full Australian domestic seasons in all three formats, before representing Australia in any format again.

Back