Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been below par, well below par, but to suggest poor enough to get dropped is absolute nonsense.

I've had enough of these s**t comments, to be honest.
School goes back on Monday right?

Jobe's doctor

latest

Ok... I know alot of the morons of the HTB are actually enjoying Jobes situation, or their own version of it etc etc...

Can someone explain to me why its being tossed about as fake...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think he might have some mental health issues, the shoulder thing just seems like a cover.
Well played by the club if this is true. He sounds mentally shot, and it's totally understandable if he needs some time away from the game.
If a man of the character of Jobe Watson, should constantly have his integrity questioned, it would drive him to the edge of insanity.

I actually think he might have some mental health issues, the shoulder thing just seems like a cover.
Well played by the club if this is true. He sounds mentally shot, and it's totally understandable if he needs some time away from the game.
If a man of the character of Jobe Watson, should constantly have his integrity questioned, it would drive him to the edge of insanity.

As someone who has been a bit skeptical about the impact of the ASADA ongoing issue being a factor contributing to the side's performance this year, I am now wondering just how much impact it must be having when someone as strong and inspirational as Jobe has just about been broken by the WADA appeal. Makes you wonder just how much the whole playing group and its psyche are being impacted.

I think you're right. I got that feeling too when his injury was announced.
He fully deserves the break and a holiday somewhere sunny

I can't even imagine why you'd discount the significant impact of the ongoing ASADA bullshit on the players in the first place, tbh. There's no way it's anything other than an enormous strain and burden on all of them.

It seems to me in this country, especially among men the issue of mental health is disregarded as rubbish and weak, and in such a macho culture showing any sign of struggling leads to being labelled (publicly or not) soft and less of a man. That already applies in everyday life to normal people - now consider how much that stress and strain becomes amplified when the people being affected are, by the very nature of their occupation, required to be nothing less than physically and mentally brutally tough, uncompromising, unflinching and the absolute epitome of masculinity. The naivete of downplaying the impact of this saga is mind boggling.

Anyway sorry for the off topic rant.

7 tackles with a shoulder needing surgery huh...
Its interesting that this keeps getting thrown up.

I played a full game of rugby once with a ****ed shoulder. Hurt like hell but I sacrificed myself for the team.

Which we then lost the Grand Final via field goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back