No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking directly to opposition players on more than one occasion in the same game is unacceptable.

Now that's said, He did some OK stuff, but disappointed this week. he's been good recently, but was way off this week. Kicking over the mark drills for Jack all this week me thinks.

Had an off day - Roos said he was pretty sick all week and on match day (on 360), that would effect skill execution through concentration.

Hopefully he can bounce back and finish the year off well.

He gets slammed no matter what he does.

Footy classified turned on him for the switch of play balls up. It was, but at least he tries something.

When FC have an opinion, that's enough for me to back him in.

He gets slammed no matter what he does.

Footy classified turned on him for the switch of play balls up. It was, but at least he tries something.

When FC have an opinion, that's enough for me to back him in.

To be fair it was one of the most puzzling decisions ive ever seen, It was literally a kick to a 3 on 1 in our back 50

I didn't see any of the game on the weekend. But Watts is easily our best user of the footy, sometimes he takes on more than he can by trying to hit a tough corridor kick of which most of our other players don't do because they don't have anywhere near the skill level Watts does. Hence why you will some howlers from him and not other players who go down the line with the safe option.

I didn't see any of the game on the weekend. But Watts is easily our best user of the footy, sometimes he takes on more than he can by trying to hit a tough corridor kick of which most of our other players don't do because they don't have anywhere near the skill level Watts does. Hence why you will some howlers from him and not other players who go down the line with the safe option.

The kick on the weekend people were talking about was only part execution, it was mostly how poor the decision was in the first place

This is exactly it. I think Watts has a licence to take risky kicks because there's pretty much no one in our team aside from him who can hit targets like him to break a side open. So of course, he'll make some errors doing this, and they're always bad errors on replay.

Watts clearly has licence to take risks and attack by foot which is good but he needs to find a balance. Lately there seems to be a bit of risky-or-bust about some of his work, ignore the percentage down the line kick for a 5% option that doesn't necessarily put us in a superior position. I'm still very happy with his progress this year, especially that he's managed to be amongst our better players in some of our poor games, not just the good ones.

Thought he was one of our best on the weekend. Something like 90% DE before that kick. He was pretty upset with himself afterwards too, which shows he is trying to be excellent.

To be fair it was one of the most puzzling decisions ive ever seen, It was literally a kick to a 3 on 1 in our back 50

I thought he was trying to force something that wasn't there to get us going forward - he did the same thing trying to play earlier in the quarter.

That was a whole team problem in the last - taking too many risks trying to pull down a massive lead, which funnily enough lead to us coughing up 3-4 early goals and screwing ourselves.

Were wrong decisions but I'd rather he take those risks as someone with good skill then a Grimes, McDonald, etc.

I thought he was trying to force something that wasn't there to get us going forward - he did the same thing trying to play earlier in the quarter.

That was a whole team problem in the last - taking too many risks trying to pull down a massive lead, which funnily enough lead to us coughing up 3-4 early goals and screwing ourselves.

Were wrong decisions but I'd rather he take those risks as someone with good skill then a Grimes, McDonald, etc.

I dont mind him taking risks and ******* up the odd kick, he can genuinenly get us moving when he picks the right option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That particular attempt on Sunday was particularly dumb though. So low percentage, especially when you're kicking to a stagnant target.

Played a great game though. Ironical I feel like he's now one of those players that's being wasted in our team, rather than a player who is letting the rest of the team down. FA at the end of 2016 and I reckon he'll get a few decent offers.

That particular attempt on Sunday was particularly dumb though. So low percentage, especially when you're kicking to a stagnant target.

Played a great game though. Ironical I feel like he's now one of those players that's being wasted in our team, rather than a player who is letting the rest of the team down. FA at the end of 2016 and I reckon he'll get a few decent offers.

Reckon he'll be locked away early next year. :thumbsu:

Unless something dramatic happens don't think Jack is the type of guy that would be looking to leave.

He credited Goodwin with his improvement this year didn't he? I think he'd be keen to extend the relationship. Also think he has a strong bond to the club and wants to be around for the improvement.

Ho-lee crap - I had to fish this thread up from page three!

Jack Watts thread, on page three.

This place has changed.
You're bumping the thread in order to show us how difficult bumping the thread is? I might dive in and search out the Colin Sylvia thread

Always going to carry that big pressure being no 1& so often being much maligned,but anyway I do like Jack hopefully he can turn it around& show everyone the footy he can play consistently:thumbsu:;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back